• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I chose it as an example of what can ultimately happen if you allow hatred to go unchecked.

I specifically stated that a tiny proportion of Jewish people did bad things in the 1930s. I also stated that a tiny percentage of all groups have within their number a tiny proportion of people who do bad things. That is just a fact of life.

What is wrong is to ignore the things that everyone else does and to home in on the group that you wish to target. More specifically to use the sins of an individual to try and smear a group of people. Let's make it crystal clear here the Jewish people were the victims of a horrific regime, and they did nothing wrong as a group.

So to come out with absolute nonsense about me saying anything whatsoever anti-Semitic is nonsense, sadly it is what you do.

For clarity, I never even mentioned anything to do with the anti-Semitic myths and never criticized Jewish people in any way whatsoever. The people I criticized were the hate filled people who used normal human failings to smear and attack Jewish people.

I also compared it to the way the right wing media in this country treats the misdemeanours of individual immigrants or asylum seekers and then uses that to project hatred towards whole groups. Normal everyday behaviour is magnified and used to divide people.

The irony is that you choose to call me an anti-Semite and a racist with no evidence for merely asking you not to target people and to not judges a group of people by the actions of individuals
Hole stop when digging a in.

Rearrange into a well known phrase or saying.

That's it really.

If his point is it's out of order to either generalise on a football forum that point can be made. However there is no comparison to the Holocaust. That wasnt about people generalizing on a forum, it was about a systemic and thought through assault on a race of people. It was motivated by eugenics.

Thay he initially needlessly chose the Holocaust to try and illustrate a pretty ridiculous point, is bizarre. That he has bow repeated that trope, multiple times, over several days and refused to engage with it being explained to him is very demonstrative.

It's fine to make a mistake. Listen to what people say, hold your hands up and apologise. He doesnt do that, he keeps doubling dow8n and repeating the slurs against Jewish people and victims of the Holocaust. People can read into that how they choose, but I've made my feelings quite clear.
I specifically posted about Germany in the 30s, you must know that because I mentioned it about a dozen times. The holocaust occurred in the 40s.

The holocaust was only possible because the NAZI party had spent a decade demonising Jewish people. Casting the sins of individuals on to the whole group. Pretending that Jewish people were somehow different. Ignoring similar actions by none Jewish people. Ignoring the good actions of Jewish people.

Basically preaching hatred.

I specifically posted about Germany in the 30s, you must know that because I mentioned it about a dozen times. The holocaust occurred in the 40s.

The holocaust was only possible because the NAZI party had spent a decade demonising Jewish people. Casting the sins of individuals on to the whole group. Pretending that Jewish people were somehow different. Ignoring similar actions by none Jewish people. Ignoring the good actions of Jewish people.

Basically preaching hatred.
Mate! For the love of god please stop trying to compare the bad mouthing of Kopites on an online forum to one of the worst things that’s ever happened in humanity.

Have I got the last few pages right - we have a Kopite pretending to be a blue, who's comparing Liverpool supporters being pulled up about the Heysel disaster to being victims of the holocaust? :oops:

Yes and he specifically named yourself as moral equivalent of the Nazis. That's what we are dealing with here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back