• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Most evertonians know if you stop their ability to get onto long balls all they've got is the front three after that its bottom half table players.

I remember some on here were bigging up Henderson last season, but that entire midfield were passengers and now we're seeing what happens to Liverpool when the front three aren't carrying them and they don't have their best defensive players

I remember some on here were bigging up Henderson last season, but that entire midfield were passengers and now we're seeing what happens to Liverpool when the front three aren't carrying them and they don't have their best defensive players

Not sure about this to be honest. I think one of the main reasons they are struggling is that Henderson has barely played in the centre of the park. They are getting no service to the front line without him in midfield because the others in midfield are so poor at passing the ball forward.

If anything, this season has made me realise how important Henderson was to them.

Not sure about this to be honest. I think one of the main reasons they are struggling is that Henderson has barely played in the centre of the park. They are getting no service to the front line without him in midfield because the others in midfield are so poor at passing the ball forward.

If anything, this season has made me realise how important Henderson was to them in mdifield.

Not for me

I've never thought Henderson was that good

The midfield has always been the weakest part of their squad

He's not a bad player by any means, but captain of one of the best Premier League sides? He's not in that bracket

He's extroadinarily lucky that he got to play in that team. He's a less interesting Nicky Butt

If anything, this season has made me realise how important Henderson was to them in mdifield.

The funny thing about that is that they could’ve played him in midfield all along because that Phillips and Williams have been fit all season and they signed two centre backs in January. They would’ve been weakened in defence but would’ve still had Henderson in midfield so could’ve got away with it. But Big Jurg is anted to create a narrative.

The funny thing about that is that they could’ve played him in midfield all along because that Phillips and Williams have been fit all season and they signed two centre backs in January. They would’ve been weakened in defence but would’ve still had Henderson in midfield so could’ve got away with it. But Big Jurg is anted to create a narrative.

Putting Henderson to centre half is the biggest mistake they made for me. The defence hasn't been the main problem for them since Christmas, no matter who played at centre half. The problem is they've managed to completely blunt their attack by playing players out of position to cover the backline.

...I know it’s unpopular, but I think Henderson is very underrated and a terrific leader. I watched games at Goodison where he hardly broke sweat dealing with the likes of Ross Barkley, he’s a big player for them.

"Ref's performance summed up in the last 30 seconds. Allowing an Everton free kick for offside to be taken 4 yards inside our half.

We didn't deserve anything, but we didn't deserve to lose either. We're cack but Everton are atrocious."
"56 Mo is brought down on the edge of the box by Digne, arm clearly around him, but no FK."
"80 Penalty Everton. Ref says that Trent tugged down Calvert Lewin. It’s a joke decision, hasn’t touched him"

"Go back to the Salah incident when there was a clear hand on him, then this get's given. The ref's judge our games totally different to everyone else's."
"81 2-0. It’s cheating essentially. VAR told the ref to go and look, he went and didn’t even look at the evidence. How much longer Jurgen is willing to accept these farcical decisions is beyond me. It’s an absolute embarrassment for officiating in this country. We’ve had some awful decisions go against us this season, but that might be the absolute worst. It’s a scandal.
88 Sadio down but nothing given. Not enough contact for a penalty, but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.
FT 0-2. Two things we already knew have played out today; 1. Something isn’t right in our squad at the moment. 2. Crooked officiating against us isn’t being hidden, it’s in fact being encouraged."

Some crackers by those deluded clowns on rawk.
Deluded, no mention of their snide elbows in the first 10 minutes.

...I know it’s unpopular, but I think Henderson is very underrated and a terrific leader. I watched games at Goodison where he hardly broke sweat dealing with the likes of Ross Barkley, he’s a big player for them.

I'm willing to give their better players credit, and usually do through gritted teeth, but I'll also call it how I see it and I just don't get it with Henderson

And I say that as someone who normally loves less than fashionable midfield players

My favourite non-Everton player is Claude Makelele for heaven's sake

The thing is though mate, Williams is now 20. He's 6 ft 4 so physically able to play. I mean if he's not going to play now, when if he going to play? We gave Stones a debut at 18, Brainthwaite a debut earlier this season at 17, Holgate at 19 I believe. I can have that he's not good enough, but he's more than old enough to be playing, They carry on like him and Phillips are under 18's which is just not the case. Even that Billy kid they all rave about (who got ragged by a 16 year old from United for 7 goals recently in a reserves match) is 19. If he's not going to play now, then when?

Phillips it's even more a case. I mean he's not great, and will probably be best described as a championship type centre half (reminds me a bit Peter Clarke who we had a few years back). Honest, good in the air but very slow and not comfortable on the ball. But you think, he's 24 or whatever, surely you just get Henderson back into midfield, and probably Fabinho and limit the contagian.

The lad they signed from Preston who they ludicrously said was a leading defender in the championship (he's not, he's bang average in the championship) but again is a CB. Why sign him if he's just going to sit on the bench?

I also think, and keep saying it, he should have rotated more in the CL. Once he won at Ajax, really weaken his sides and give rest and rotation, but he didn't do that. It was pointless. I think now they have to decide to prioritise either the CL or the PL, as the squad will buckle playing in both. Play Origi, Shaqiri ever week in 1, and rest the precious front 3 a bit more. That would be the smart move.

On there three - not sure about Williams, there is a hint of horses for courses here. He simply isnt physically developed & I think Stones is a brilliant comparison now. I'd argue with his career development may have been better long term by holding back, more u23's & bulking him up. He is clearly benefitting now from being a man in a mans game. Williams might never amount to anything, but he is stuck in limbo, he needs two games a week & he is getting none.

Phillips - probably a championship centre half, but my point is so far for them, he has been solid. dont get why he wasnt trusted a little more

Davies - never seen him other than random highlights on SSN so no idea.

Regarding these "Fan Live Watchalong" channels - is it some kind of contest to see how much of a massive obnoxious uneducated uncouth TIT you can make of yourself?

That James Redmond needs chinning - no way would he carry on like that in public as he'd get leathered all over the street
I have looked up how much money some of these are making.
The Arsenal lads absolutely rake it in.. serious dosh each month.

On there three - not sure about Williams, there is a hint of horses for courses here. He simply isnt physically developed & I think Stones is a brilliant comparison now. I'd argue with his career development may have been better long term by holding back, more u23's & bulking him up. He is clearly benefitting now from being a man in a mans game. Williams might never amount to anything, but he is stuck in limbo, he needs two games a week & he is getting none.

Phillips - probably a championship centre half, but my point is so far for them, he has been solid. dont get why he wasnt trusted a little more

Davies - never seen him other than random highlights on SSN so no idea.

Yes on the 3.

My point is more if you're not trusted, as as 20 year old, over 2 midfielders, you are not going to make the grade. It sounds harsh, but if you can't dislodge Henderson at age 20, you will never be good enough.

Phillips looks an honest stopper to me. I think he's had some mixed games. I agree with your premise though, I'm surprised they haven't given him a chance.

As for Davies, I don't know why they've signed him, if he's below Phillips in the pecking order.

It seems from the outside there's a lot of primadona behaviour from Klopp, and when he gets what he's after he's being churlish.

I have looked up how much money some of these are making.
The Arsenal lads absolutely rake it in.. serious dosh each month.
I suppose it's like that crank "Chelsey Harwood" - people PAY to watch them do a stupid mimed song or dance or slag someone else for 60 seconds.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back