• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I’m in as well mate.
Could incorporate other parts of GOT as well.
Chat about the game etc obviously.
But we could have a fit bird and tranny section of the show as well.
Capture a bigger audience couldn’t we.
I'd sadly run out of things to say and expose myself....

"Ref's performance summed up in the last 30 seconds. Allowing an Everton free kick for offside to be taken 4 yards inside our half.

We didn't deserve anything, but we didn't deserve to lose either. We're cack but Everton are atrocious."
"56 Mo is brought down on the edge of the box by Digne, arm clearly around him, but no FK."
"80 Penalty Everton. Ref says that Trent tugged down Calvert Lewin. It’s a joke decision, hasn’t touched him"

"Go back to the Salah incident when there was a clear hand on him, then this get's given. The ref's judge our games totally different to everyone else's."
"81 2-0. It’s cheating essentially. VAR told the ref to go and look, he went and didn’t even look at the evidence. How much longer Jurgen is willing to accept these farcical decisions is beyond me. It’s an absolute embarrassment for officiating in this country. We’ve had some awful decisions go against us this season, but that might be the absolute worst. It’s a scandal.
88 Sadio down but nothing given. Not enough contact for a penalty, but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.
FT 0-2. Two things we already knew have played out today; 1. Something isn’t right in our squad at the moment. 2. Crooked officiating against us isn’t being hidden, it’s in fact being encouraged."

Some crackers by those deluded clowns on rawk.
This is actually hilarious, thank you!

Can’t believe they feel hard done by for Salah’s Dive. A dive so bad that we have multiple pictures of him going down like he’s being shot with no one within yards of him that we roundly mock on here. Stunning!

It was pretty obvious Henderson was in no fit state to carry on Saturday.

Coming back on to 'run it off' was a great idea. He just stood stretching during the game for a few minutes!

He shouldn't go to the Euro's now. He'll be picked though.

I think Robertson and Mane will suffer similar injuries soon. The way they've sprinted through 90 minute games non stop for 3 seasons. They are noticeably slower this season already. The majority of that squad have seen their best days regardless of age.

It was ridiculous he went back on mate. I even told my missus it was gross mismanagement to let him back on (to which I got told to mind my own business). You could see how he pulled up sharply and went down like a sack kf spuds. Serves him right, his medical team right and management right.

Like @Saint Domingo says, it's only a matter of time before one of the full backs or Mane and Salah pull up with a fatigue injury.

It was ridiculous he went back on mate. I even told my missus it was gross mismanagement to let him back on (to which I got told to mind my own business). You could see how he pulled up sharply and went down like a sack kf spuds. Serves him right, his medical team right and management right.

Like @Saint Domingo says, it's only a matter of time before one of the full backs or Mane and Salah pull up with a fatigue injury.
Mind your own business hahaha

"Ref's performance summed up in the last 30 seconds. Allowing an Everton free kick for offside to be taken 4 yards inside our half.

We didn't deserve anything, but we didn't deserve to lose either. We're cack but Everton are atrocious."
"56 Mo is brought down on the edge of the box by Digne, arm clearly around him, but no FK."
"80 Penalty Everton. Ref says that Trent tugged down Calvert Lewin. It’s a joke decision, hasn’t touched him"

"Go back to the Salah incident when there was a clear hand on him, then this get's given. The ref's judge our games totally different to everyone else's."
"81 2-0. It’s cheating essentially. VAR told the ref to go and look, he went and didn’t even look at the evidence. How much longer Jurgen is willing to accept these farcical decisions is beyond me. It’s an absolute embarrassment for officiating in this country. We’ve had some awful decisions go against us this season, but that might be the absolute worst. It’s a scandal.
88 Sadio down but nothing given. Not enough contact for a penalty, but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.
FT 0-2. Two things we already knew have played out today; 1. Something isn’t right in our squad at the moment. 2. Crooked officiating against us isn’t being hidden, it’s in fact being encouraged."

Some crackers by those deluded clowns on rawk.
I had a read through the match thread this afternoon. Absolutely hilarious. Heads falling off all over the place, telling each other to 'koff and die and all sorts.

I could see Salah getting an 'injury' to ensure he's safe for a move away. Probably once they can't win anything.

He's not the bravest - remember his shoulder injury in the Champions League Final and he was later pictured wearing a sling on the wrong side!

I know his goalscoring record is good this season but he's looked laboured when I've seen him play.

Gerrard's decent record in Europe is the only thing that would recommend him to FSG. They'd be mad to employ him, for reasons we've spoken of before. But he might be a port in a storm if Klopp quit unexpectedly and they were getting blowback from a murderous fan base seeking blood.

I thought that scenario was remote a few weeks ago; now it's at least a runner.

Oh its more than a runner mate. He will be smack bang in the mix. He should be a politician, he is a great campaigner and it really wont to make him start putting himself in the frame.

The win on saturday has just served as a reminder to me how many of them just don't really understand what it's like to be a 'normal' fan. I found myself unexpectedly quite emotional after the game on saturday; I'd always sort of shrugged at the horrible Anfield record as one of those things that happen when your nearest neighbours are both the country's most successful club and also in league with the devil, but I was a little bit choked when they finally did it. I was at school last time we won there, I watched the game with my mum who died what seems an entire lifetime ago. I've been to college, Uni, moved to London and come back, got married, had a kid, seen a global pandemic, and the only constant thing in all that time was us turning up at Anfield and getting humiliated time after time. It made me laugh to see so many comments on twitter and facebook about reacting like we'd won the league, it just made me realise how so many of them just don't get what being a football fan is really about. Of course i desperately want to see us win the league and countless trophies, but whatever we win I probably couldn't love it much more than when when we cleared that final corner and I thought 'even Everton can't mess it up from here'.
This. Exactly. I'm an old git but my son was 6 last time this happened. We were watching it together and I have to say we were both quite emotional. Everton is our thing, what we do together. "OMG Mum, I can't believe it!" He's got a new job, working from home at the moment but moving to Nottingham once the pandemic lets us out and back to a normal life. "so, will you still come to the match with your old Mum when you go to Nottingham?" "Errr yeah!"

With every game that passes as well the value of the squad is plummeting. Who would buy any of the front three for mega money now? No one has any money to spend and if they did it definitely wouldn’t be going on any of them. VVD’s injury has wiped a load off his asset price, same with Gomez. Alexander Arnold has gone from the most valuable player in world football behind Mbappe to one of the weakest right backs in the premier league who can’t defend. No top club is touching him now.

Their only saleable assets in my view that a top club with money (PSG, City, Madrid, Bayern) are Allison Fabinho and maybe Robertson. Everyone else is either not good enough, the wrong age profile, or a crock no one will want to touch. FSG are sitting on a squad that is decaying rapidly in value as every single game goes by and their performance in the summer and January suggests they have no capital to make a fresh injection. They need sales and there’s hardly anyone to sell.

Not sure about this to be honest. I think one of the main reasons they are struggling is that Henderson has barely played in the centre of the park. They are getting no service to the front line without him in midfield because the others in midfield are so poor at passing the ball forward.

If anything, this season has made me realise how important Henderson was to them.

...I know it’s unpopular, but I think Henderson is very underrated and a terrific leader. I watched games at Goodison where he hardly broke sweat dealing with the likes of Ross Barkley, he’s a big player for them.

@catcherintherye adding you here too...

In their team Id say they have 2 'captains'.

VVD the captain of the defence and Henderson the captain in midfield.

What were seeing now is a team on a poor run with everyone pointing fingers at them and no leadership on the pitch.

Ive said it before but their next 3 games are sheff utd, chelsea and fulham.

Fail to get 6pts from those 3 games and theyre in big, big trouble.

View attachment 119059

This is paul

Paul is a believer, who ironically cannot believe the pen was given. Paul also clearly has a line on the communication between stockley park and the ref.

Paul also believes that a professional referee doesnt know the rules.

#jesuisnorrapen

And perhaps, just perhaps, he only went to the monitor to see whether a card should be given to the RS defender. Might have had nothing to do with the penalty decision...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back