• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

It's as agricultural as it gets. The media have had to repackage Klopp's muck as 'heavy metal football' or whatever to cover the great lie up.

Van Bronckhorst had it right before their game with them: "Liverpool's playing style is direct with long balls and runners"...and the media took umbrage with it because they interpreted that as an insult rather than a blindingly obvious accurate description of their hoof ball style.
The only thing van bronckhorst did get right

And why was it yesterday that whenever Firmino had or got the ball he was referred to on every occasion as 'Bobby Firmino' by that belend Tyler. I've had enough of the non right back being constantly referred as Trent and now this !!! ?
Not just the commentators. …..

When bernardo and Robertson went up for a header resulting in a free kick, Robertson pushed Bernardo in the aftermath. Nothing in it.
The ref walks over and clearly says ‘Robbo’ when asking him to cool it down. That was the Ref.

No other teams gets the players called by their dressing room nicknames by officials or commentators that I’ve seen. I don’t remember Rooney being referred to as wazzer for example when playing for us or Utd. Lampard as Lamps. Etc

Astounding.

Not just the commentators. …..

When bernardo and Robertson went up for a header resulting in a free kick, Robertson pushed Bernardo in the aftermath. Nothing in it.
The ref walks over and clearly says ‘Robbo’ when asking him to cool it down. That was the Ref.

No other teams gets the players called by their dressing room nicknames by officials or commentators that I’ve seen. I don’t remember Rooney being referred to as wazzer for example when playing for us or Utd. Lampard as Lamps. Etc

Astounding.
It's what the TV a armchair fans want to hear. TV runs the game now from ko times to commentateurs bias.

It's as agricultural as it gets. The media have had to repackage Klopp's muck as 'heavy metal football' or whatever to cover the great lie up.

Van Bronckhorst had it right before their game with them: "Liverpool's playing style is direct with long balls and runners"...and the media took umbrage with it because they interpreted that as an insult rather than a blindingly obvious accurate description of their hoof ball style.

I remember, back in the Suarez days, having a fairly normal conversation with a kopite and I mentioned their style of play. Basically, saying that it was a very simple but effective way of playing. I got the full barrage of bitter comments. I certainly did not mean it as a negative and still don't. As you said, it was an accurate description. What I will say is that I did actually watch them a bit, as I did watch a lot more football and even if they were on, it was still football. If they do indeed play exactly the same way nowadays, then I am of the same opinion, which is fair play, if they play to their strengths then it could easily be deemed as 'good' football, in the simple but effective definition.

There are many ways to play this game and I have never been into the arrogance of fans talking about the 'right' way to play the game. It has always been win first, for me. If Everton win playing scrappy long ball stuff then I am happy, if we lose playing 'beautiful' football then I am unhappy, it really is as simple as that.

City fans being condemned for singing about Hillsborough, but not as much being made about the coin throwing from Liverpool fans which is a lot worse.
Liverpool fans for years now have trivialised Hillsborough whenever they have need it as a deflection card, if City fans did do this it's understandable when for years now kopites have weaponised a human tragedy themselves.

City fans being condemned for singing about Hillsborough, but not as much being made about the coin throwing from Liverpool fans which is a lot worse.
Liverpool fans for years now have trivialised Hillsborough whenever they have need it as a deflection card, if City fans did do this it's understandable when for years now kopites have weaponised a human tragedy themselves.
City fans also had piss thrown over them for much of the match - nothing said or discussed by the media.

Also, it’s ok for them to bring a Steaua flag to every derby since Heysel, death mocking & glorifying their part in that stadium disaster, without any comment or uproar from the media?!? Sound, crack on.

Shippmann should be having his coaching license revoked for his attack on the linesman yesterday, especially in regards to the latest drive by the fa to stamp out the abuse of officials - he’s a disgrace that fits that shithouse club like a hand in a glove.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back