• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

When Ferguson managed United the likes of RAWK went into conspiracy mode that he had some control of the referees in the Premier League.

They couldn't admit that United were the best team but them winning was due to Ferguson cheating with refs.
Wel if you think Liverpool are the best team that's up to you. Personally I look at the table and see them currently sitting in mid table. Given the money spent, the advantages they get - 98th minute winner against NUFC, no red card for Van Dyke on Onana- I don't see a decent team, I see a very average one. They couldn't even beat us.

Not going for the doping. No matter what the RS say, City have some of the best players in the world in their team. When they are on fire nobody can touch them. Liverpool played the fast pressing and it worked, they won trophies, but players cannot go on and on playing that way every season and it is taking its toll now. City will pass the ball all day long, they conserve energy. Of course, at times they mess up, but in the whole they are very very good. Both teams have good managers. I hate Klopp, but no point in saying he is useless. He can motivate a team. He is one way yes, but it works for a few seasons. Kopps record shows his tactics are the same at other clubs, and he will do the same when he moves on from the pit, and he will. There may be odd cases of doping going on, but a full scale team? I doubt that. I would rather think we need to look at the decisions that favour the so called 'Big Teams' week after week.

Wel if you think Liverpool are the best team that's up to you. Personally I look at the table and see them currently sitting in mid table. Given the money spent, the advantages they get - 98th minute winner against NUFC, no red card for Van Dyke on Onana- I don't see a decent team, I see a very average one. They couldn't even beat us.

They are struggling this season but wouldn't be surprised to see them still win a trophy.

They are not a very average team though, how many average teams do you see get to 3 finals last season?

That’s the Coutinho money, when you look properly they haven’t actually invested a penny!
That Coutinho money must have had an extra zero missing off the end of it when you think they have broken 2 transfer records, paid record agent fees and completed various other transfers all from that one fee. Another one of footballs great mysteries that only ever happens to them.

They will turn on the owners before they turn on Klopp.
Oh it's started already I think, I just don't get this 'no money' BS they have spent plenty and broken transfer records (others have not done this) Their problem for me was letting that Michael Edwards (recruitment guy) go and sure enough the last lot of players brought in have looked poor.

Not going for the doping. No matter what the RS say, City have some of the best players in the world in their team. When they are on fire nobody can touch them. Liverpool played the fast pressing and it worked, they won trophies, but players cannot go on and on playing that way every season and it is taking its toll now. City will pass the ball all day long, they conserve energy. Of course, at times they mess up, but in the whole they are very very good. Both teams have good managers. I hate Klopp, but no point in saying he is useless. He can motivate a team. He is one way yes, but it works for a few seasons. Kopps record shows his tactics are the same at other clubs, and he will do the same when he moves on from the pit, and he will. There may be odd cases of doping going on, but a full scale team? I doubt that. I would rather think we need to look at the decisions that favour the so called 'Big Teams' week after week.
Over half the playing staff having asthma is pretty full scale.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back