• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Drop points at home, Arsenal go top of the league, but not a single negative news story against them, it really is amazing how they control the media. Didn’t know you could win 1-1.

They haven’t won at the Etihad in the league in 8 seasons, but because Pep has only won once at Anfield in that period City can’t handle the ‘washing machine’?! You’d think Neville and Carragher were on the take from Liverpool the way they go on spouting this utter nonsense.

After dropping two points at home that saw them lose top spot to Arsenal so that there are now firmly three teams in the title race - this is a headline I spotted in the rs loving "impartial" BBC. In their desperation to list the article they didn't even bother to check whether they had typed a proper sentence. In the top story headlines on my app, as usual, there is no mention of any of the other two teams' players. Such blatant and persistent bias from the bbc.

SmartSelect_20240311_085810_BBC News.webp

Drop points at home, Arsenal go top of the league, but not a single negative news story against them, it really is amazing how they control the media. Didn’t know you could win 1-1.

They haven’t won at the Etihad in the league in 8 seasons, but because Pep has only won once at Anfield in that period City can’t handle the ‘washing machine’?! You’d think Neville and Carragher were on the take from Liverpool the way they go on spouting this utter nonsense.

If I were a United fan i would be absolutely furious with Neville and his hero worship of anything Liverpool fc. Don't think I'm lying here but he talks up Liverpool fc more than Carragher and that takes some doing believe me. He has done a full 180 from totally hating them at one time. Sky has become a Liverpool fan channel. After the klopp documentary I'm waiting for " The Theory of Darwin" mini series.

I want some of whatever their players are - allegedly - taking. How the hell they can run around like they do for 90+ minutes astounds me. Maybe the answer was seen in the stands during the game.

Btw, Hello Mr Diaz Snr. Glad to see you safe and well after your kidnapping ordeal

Gary Neville's podcast was ludicrous last night. Basically saying Klopp inspires people in the city to work harder at their own jobs. It's full-on propaganda. I always felt Neville had a look of Goebbels about him. Quite a lot of United fans have disowned him.

Gary Neville's podcast was ludicrous last night. Basically saying Klopp inspires people in the city to work harder at their own jobs. It's full-on propaganda. I always felt Neville had a look of Goebbels about him. Quite a lot of United fans have disowned him.
Yes I thought he had some sort of nervous breakdown mid podcast yesterday when he was going on about klopp inspiring people at work. Either that or he's had a bet with his mates to say it

Yes I thought he had some sort of nervous breakdown mid podcast yesterday when he was going on about klopp inspiring people at work. Either that or he's had a bet with his mates to say it

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all receiving some kickbacks from LFC’s marketing department. Its one thing that the players and managers at the club have lines to take, the amount of times they come out with a load of nonsense about it meaning more or making out they’ve done things in the right way or look at their poor financial position is one thing but that’s to be expected.

In the mainstream media though, they all parrot exactly the same messages. Allison and Van Dijk are the best in the world and Van Dijk is the best in prem history. Doesn’t matter how badly they’re playing, this is irrefutable and can’t be challenged and is brought up every single opportunity. Carragher even gets angry when anyone questions Van Dijk at all.

‘Trent’ is the best right back in England, gets pushed all the time, every time there’s a tournament coming up it doesn’t matter if Walker has won a treble or Reece James the CL, ‘Trent’ has to be starting for England even in midfield if needs be.

Then the Nunez stuff is just ridiculous, yes he’s a good striker undoubtedly, but they’re simultaneously trying to make out that he is somehow the budget option to Haaland and in fact is therefore better than him given the returns. I’ve never seen such obsession about a striker before, even when Firmino was there, a far better player than Nunez in my opinion, you didn’t have this circle jerk in the media about him.

It’s really really weird how they attach to these players who to date have won 1* PL title. 1*.

Even in United’s peak, when they had far better players we never got this sort of media adulation for Rio Ferdinand or for Van der Sar or for some random right back who can’t defend.

its honestly a bit sinister, a massive media cult.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all receiving some kickbacks from LFC’s marketing department. Its one thing that the players and managers at the club have lines to take, the amount of times they come out with a load of nonsense about it meaning more or making out they’ve done things in the right way or look at their poor financial position is one thing but that’s to be expected.

In the mainstream media though, they all parrot exactly the same messages. Allison and Van Dijk are the best in the world and Van Dijk is the best in prem history. Doesn’t matter how badly they’re playing, this is irrefutable and can’t be challenged and is brought up every single opportunity. Carragher even gets angry when anyone questions Van Dijk at all.

‘Trent’ is the best right back in England, gets pushed all the time, every time there’s a tournament coming up it doesn’t matter if Walker has won a treble or Reece James the CL, ‘Trent’ has to be starting for England even in midfield if needs be.

Then the Nunez stuff is just ridiculous, yes he’s a good striker undoubtedly, but they’re simultaneously trying to make out that he is somehow the budget option to Haaland and in fact is therefore better than him given the returns. I’ve never seen such obsession about a striker before, even when Firmino was there, a far better player than Nunez in my opinion, you didn’t have this circle jerk in the media about him.

It’s really really weird how they attach to these players who to date have won 1* PL title. 1*.

Even in United’s peak, when they had far better players we never got this sort of media adulation for Rio Ferdinand or for Van der Sar or for some random right back who can’t defend.

its honestly a bit sinister, a massive media cult.
Amen brother

I want some of whatever their players are - allegedly - taking. How the hell they can run around like they do for 90+ minutes astounds me. Maybe the answer was seen in the stands during the game.

Btw, Hello Mr Diaz Snr. Glad to see you safe and well after your kidnapping ordeal

They're all dropping like flies with injuries though, it's not sustainable.

There's a reason City had their best side out and aren't having an injury crisis every sesson. They're a lot more scientific in their approach and aren't running around like headless chickens all game, although Liverpool doing that did put them off their game in the second half.

They're all dropping like flies with injuries though, it's not sustainable.

There's a reason City had their best side out and aren't having an injury crisis every sesson. They're a lot more scientific in their approach and aren't running around like headless chickens all game, although Liverpool doing that did put them off their game in the second half.
It might get them over the line this season but their fans are in for a very rude awakening next season. When Klopp effs off and takes his inhalers with him, we'll see how good Harvey "machine" Elliott, Curtis Jones, Cody Gakpo, Ryan Gravenberch etc. really are as footballers. You then have Salah leaving and Van Dijk hitting the age of 33.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back