• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they win the league, they'll be as deserving as anyone in recent times, in footballing terms.

They've battered Arsenal, ourselves, Spurs and now United, as well as a bunch of lesser sides.

They stand a good chance because the refereeing is now so obviously bent in their favour, not only in their own games but in Chelsea and City games too.

If you doubt that, ask yourselves this question: if you had to lump your house on any one of the current top four receiving less penalties and less/no dismissals on the run in than the other three would you even go near putting it on Liverpool?

On top of playing about 12 games less than their rivals they are being given huge leg up by the officials. It's that obvious now that even David Brent had to move post match yesterday to try and excuse the refs for giving his team an outrageous advantage in pens given this season.

One of the scary things about yesterday was the neither Suarez nor Sturridge even had a blinder, yet they still won 3-0.

It's going to go down to the wire, and I'm starting to think that their crap defence isn't really going to be much of a problem. They score 2 or 3 a game, not many teams will match that or outscore them.

Going to be a big City fan from here on in.

They stand a good chance because the refereeing is now so obviously bent in their favour, not only in their own games but in Chelsea and City games too.

If you doubt that, ask yourselves this question: if you had to lump your house on any one of the current top four receiving less penalties and less/no dismissals on the run in than the other three would you even go near putting it on Liverpool?

On top of playing about 12 games less than their rivals they are being given huge leg up by the officials. It's that obvious now that even David Brent had to move post match yesterday to try and excuse the refs for giving his team an outrageous advantage in pens given this season.

Come on Dave ffs.

They're in with a fighting chance because of the way they've dismantled sides of late - us included. They've got the best strikeforce in the division and are going into the closing period of the season, as the side with the most momentum.

As much as I despise them, if they do win it this season, it'll be because they've earned it on the pitch mate.

Come on Dave ffs.

They're in with a fighting chance because of the way they've dismantled sides of late - us included. They've got the best strikeforce in the division and are going into the closing period of the season, as the side with the most momentum.

As much as I despise them, if they do win it this season, it'll be because they've earned it on the pitch mate.

They've played well enough to be in the top four, but they've needed a lot of key refereeing decisions at points to be this close to the top. The figures on the pens dont stack up. Dont take my word for it, take the words of the Liverpool manager trying to defend them yesterday. Three at OT - you're having a laugh. The Chelsea (first) and City sending off at the weekend give me concern. The City one was six of one and half a dozen of the other with Jelavic and Kompany and way too soft; the Willian one for Chelsea was a joke.

They've played well enough to be in the top four, but they've needed a lot of key refereeing decisions at points to be this close to the top. The figures on the pens dont stack up. Dont take my word for it, take the words of the Liverpool manager trying to defend them yesterday. Three at OT - you're having a laugh. The Chelsea (first) and City sending off at the weekend give me concern. The City one was six of one and half a dozen of the other with Jelavic and Kompany and way too soft; the Willian one for Chelsea was a joke.

The first 2 were nailed on, and the 3rd despite it being shown to be a dive since, you could defo understand why he gave it. Would they have got them had Fergie been in the dugout is a more relevant conversation....

As for the other sendings offs, I'm not sure what your point is tbh. Are you suggesting some form of conspiracy or merely good fortune assisting them? As it is, the Kompany one was a stone wall red imo, didn't see the Willian one so can't comment.

The first 2 were nailed on, and the 3rd despite it being shown to be a dive since, you could defo understand why he gave it. Would they have got them had Fergie been in the dugout is a more relevant conversation....

As for the other sendings offs, I'm not sure what your point is tbh. Are you suggesting some form of conspiracy or merely good fortune assisting them? As it is, the Kompany one was a stone wall red imo, didn't see the Willian one so can't comment.

The whole country is conspiring to hand the title to the sh1t3, it's davek's ''defence mechanism', and the only way he'll be able to cope if it happens.

Please don't pull his theory apart, otherwise you might find him rocking back and forth in his bedroom, slobbering and mumbling incoherently with pencils up his nose.

The whole country is conspiring to hand the title to the sh1t3, it's davek's ''defence mechanism', and the only way he'll be able to cope if it happens.

Please don't pull his theory apart, otherwise you might find him rocking back and forth in his bedroom, slobbering and mumbling incoherently with pencils up his nose.

I'm guessing you're a red then mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back