• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
for Liverpool to win the league this year they have had to rely on 3 things;

1. Their star player not getting himself hit with a lengthy ban again.

2. United dropping out of the top of the league, otherwise they would be fighting for 4th at the minute.

3. 5 Teams at the top all changing managers. Moyes, Ferguson, AVB, Mancini, Benitez are all out.

Whichever way you credit their season, that is a massive bit of luck to kick on at the same time as that. Hell even City and Chelsea will be unstoppable next year, but Mourhinio is acting like he doesn't want it this year.

You sound as bad as them now with the conspiracy theory. It's embarrassing.
If you have players with pace attacking the box you are going to win penalties and they've got plenty who can do that.

Exactly. Most penalties I've seen given for them have been okay.

One of the scary things about yesterday was the neither Suarez nor Sturridge even had a blinder, yet they still won 3-0.

It's going to go down to the wire, and I'm starting to think that their crap defence isn't really going to be much of a problem. They score 2 or 3 a game, not many teams will match that or outscore them.

Going to be a big City fan from here on in.

More down to how bad uniteds defence is. I think De Gea had 1 shot to save all game. So minus the penalties, they didn't create much.

A couple of things having just watched MOTD2.

For the first penalty, Suarez waves the imaginary card and a couple of their players get in the refs face shouting at him to send Rafael off. Does teh commentator slate them for their attempts to get another pro sent off? No he says "As politley as they can Liverpool are asking why a card hasnt been produced"

Sturridge blantantly dives - CHEATS - for the second penalty. I wonder where this sits with his often stated christian beliefs.

Rodgers comments afterwards that Sturridge only went down because he is too honest to risk stamping on Vidic were appalling. If he was genuinely honest why didnt he tell teh ref there was no contact? At least Danny Mills had a little dig at that.

A couple of things having just watched MOTD2.

For the first penalty, Suarez waves the imaginary card and a couple of their players get in the refs face shouting at him to send Rafael off. Does teh commentator slate them for their attempts to get another pro sent off? No he says "As politley as they can Liverpool are asking why a card hasnt been produced"

Sturridge blantantly dives - CHEATS - for the second penalty. I wonder where this sits with his often stated christian beliefs.

Rodgers comments afterwards that Sturridge only went down because he is too honest to risk stamping on Vidic were appalling. If he was genuinely honest why didnt he tell teh ref there was no contact? At least Danny Mills had a little dig at that.

Steve Bruce on Hull palyer diving : He's gone down soft there, I'll be having a word with him on Monday

Tony Pulis on Crystal Palace player diving : There were two there that went down to easily, one never got touched, I'll be speaking to him and fining him. We dont like that here.

Brendan Rodgers on Liverpool player Diving : eg A: thats what I call, "A spanish Penalty"
eg B: Daniel is a humble player and he's tried his best to not stamp on Vidic's leg, he should be applauded.

Spot the difference.

Waving imaginary cards is a yellow card offence btw, its in the rule book. To actually then tell the ref "He has to be sent off" makes it all genuinely horrible. a win at all costs mentality is something that would've made Shankly' stomach turn, at least he genuinly had enough of a love for the game to respect all the people who played it, rather than watch it go to the dogs.

Then, theres not many at the RS who have much respct for anything really is there......

Went very well for them yesterday

obtain appointment of owned referee...check
penalties....check (beyond expectations)
have opponent sent off with dive....check
condescend/denigrate the opposing manager afterwards....check
aeroplane gestures.....check

Went very well for them yesterday

obtain appointment of owned referee...check
penalties....check (beyond expectations)
have opponent sent off with dive....check
condescend/denigrate the opposing manager afterwards....check
aeroplane gestures.....check

Did they actually do this?

Oh god he used the word 'humble' again in his post match interview.

Cringe.

These people just don't deserve the success they are having. Just because you are good at something doesn't mean you deserve happiness if youre a complete dickfuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back