• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not, actually. I don't tend to watch their matches but I know they tend to play attacking football. The point still stands - the more you attack the opposition, the more you will force mistakes out of them. It's very basic stuff.

If you're impeded and there's no contact, it is still a foul. Plain and simple. If that was given against us, I would accept it albeit grudgingly.

can't agree at all sorry. we'd never have a game using that logic. if you're going for a 50/50 for a header but pull out because you see the oppo player going for it - is that not impeding without contact?

i'd be fuming if we got a pen like that given against us, not at the referee, but at the player for conning him. given it was suarez, i'm incline to blame the ref because i would never give him the benefit of the doubt in 50/50's.

reputation going before him? wouldn't give a flying one, if you have such a rep, then you deserve not to be trusted.

they've had more pens than anyone in the history of the prem, either they are the most attacking team in the prem since it started, which considering they've never won it I doubt, or their massive media presence does have some effect on their good fortune, that doesn't make it a conspiricy, but the stats point towards them getting the odd favour

How many have been meaningful and illegitimate though? That's more important in my opinion. The team that gets the most amount of dodgy penalties is undoubtedly Chelsea and until this season, United. Again, that has a lot to do with them being attacking sides.

As far as dodgy reffing involving the RS goes, don't get me started. Gerrard could easily be sent off every ten matches or so from what I see and that's not even touching on him randomly reffing the game now and then. There was also that season where they had an insane amount of opposition players sent off, think it was Benitez's last.

Not buying the whole pens thing though mate.

can't agree at all sorry. we'd never have a game using that logic. if you're going for a 50/50 for a header but pull out because you see the oppo player going for it - is that not impeding without contact?

i'd be fuming if we got a pen like that given against us, not at the referee, but at the player for conning him. given it was suarez, i'm incline to blame the ref because i would never give him the benefit of the doubt in 50/50's.

reputation going before him? wouldn't give a flying one, if you have such a rep, then you deserve not to be trusted.

Probably not getting meself across all that well. If you have to dive over a player to get to the ball, it's a foul. That's as simple as I can put it.

Is right. Davek - are you seriously suggesting that the PL refs are somehow allegedly collaborating to hand the RS the title? I love conspiracy theories as much as anyone but you are grasping at straws now - Kompany's challenge was a nailed on red (his side won actually after surviving a pen appeal) Villa won deservedly - Ramirez's foul was waiting to happen & was a straight red in anyone's book Perhaps if we got more bodies in the area and started pestering refs we might get more pens....

Well, they're certainly not impeding their chances are they? Twice as many penalties as their rivals awarded and no red cards while the others in the top four suffer them.

Very handy for a title charge that. Worth at least three to five points I'd conservatively estimate.

Of course it's all down to Liverpool being an attacking team (and City and Arsenal aren't like) and Liverpool being such a well disciplined team (with pioneers of the clean game like Skrtel, Gerrard and Suarez leading by Corinthian example).

And you just know that Cardiff will lie down for them next Sat given that a lot of their support would be happy wearing RS shirts (think Toffeejack mentioned this earlier) just hope all this comes back to bite them

And you just know that Cardiff will lie down for them next Sat given that a lot of their support would be happy wearing RS shirts (think Toffeejack mentioned this earlier) just hope all this comes back to bite them

It needs to happen soon time is running out FFS! City and Chelsea will take points of them though and the rs bandwagon can be put down for another season.

we deflated them after the last min winner - liverpool have caught a lot of teams at the perfect time.

not complaining because that's the way it goes sometimes and has often been the opposite for us this season, but you need luck to succeed, the luckiest are always going to be more successful than others.

Well, they're certainly not impeding their chances are they? Twice as many penalties as their rivals awarded and no red cards while the others in the top four suffer them.

Very handy for a title charge that. Worth at least three to five points I'd conservatively estimate.

Of course it's all down to Liverpool being an attacking team (and City and Arsenal aren't like) and Liverpool being such a well disciplined team (with pioneers of the clean game like Skrtel, Gerrard and Suarez leading by Corinthian example).
TBH I hate the way we never complain about decisions or pressure the refs - everyone else does it - and its costing us dearly. Nice old plucky Everton - I am sick to death of this image - its about time we started getting in other people's faces.

I'd actually prefer Liverpool going away to places like this rather than the better teams at the moment. Cardiff are absolutely desperate and will at least give it a go. And hopefully that GK of theirs continues his great form too.

TBH I hate the way we never complain about decisions or pressure the refs - everyone else does it - and its costing us dearly. Nice old plucky Everton - I am sick to death of this image - its about time we started getting in other people's faces.

I agree. I wouldn't want the death roll type of diving you see from other teams, but if you're clipped and go down then make the frigging most of it and your teammates should be appealing like mad men to put the ref under.

Probably not getting meself across all that well. If you have to dive over a player to get to the ball, it's a foul. That's as simple as I can put it.

if it's a car having to drive over a tree log in the middle of the road, i'd agree with you. but a skinny american arm is not really going to create too much of a blockade. You can easily jump over the top of one without breaking your stride or angle without the need to dive.

we've sadly got to the stage where players like suarez can't trust their own ability to win a game on their own because they're not good enough and instead have to go looking elsewhere for possible penalties/free kicks, by kicking into near things to make it look like a foul.

I agree. I wouldn't want the death roll type of diving you see from other teams, but if you're clipped and go down then make the frigging most of it and your teammates should be appealing like mad men to put the ref under.

personally they should just introduce the law that only the skipper can "talk", not berate ala stevie g to a ref, otherwise face a suspension. would clean up the game no end, would take a lot of pressure off the ref.

such morons in charge of the sport right now, showing very very slow steps to actually improve the game as a sporting spectacle.

I'd actually prefer Liverpool going away to places like this rather than the better teams at the moment. Cardiff are absolutely desperate and will at least give it a go. And hopefully that GK of theirs continues his great form too.
you just know he will pass it straight to sturridge in the 90th minute

you just know he will pass it straight to sturridge in the 90th minute

AArrrggghhhh ! Are Cardiff good enough to do what a few people have suggested here ie get players back in numbers and play counter attack like Villa did at analfield? Surely at home they will be expected to go at the RS from the off which I'm afraid may leave them exposed. FFS we would have trashed them on Sat but for Marshall ..I fear another win for the excrement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back