• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the deep lying position. Not many saw this coming. My thoughts at the time were that he has to be on the pitch so stick him out on the wing where he isn't a defensive liability. Massive credit to Rodgers. It was his idea. Gerrard didn't want to do it. I can't believe how well it is working.

It's now or never though this season for Gerrard regarding the title isn't it, he won't be able to consistently play every game in future seasons

It's now or never though this season for Gerrard regarding the title isn't it, he won't be able to consistently play every game in future seasons
One month ago, I'd have said absolutely. But now, what do I know? I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing next year. Rodgers is clever. Especially if we are in Europe next year, Gerrard will be starting a lot of games. Our squad is thin. It's a big managerial challenge. We will see.

has he been that much of a success? i've seen him being bypassed by so many. his only contributions i've seen are penalties and assists from corners/free kicks i.e. whenever the play has stopped. he could do that playing right back tbh.

not watched lately so maybe he's improved.

I have to say Liverpools players don't set a a fitting example to their younger supporters with the antics of their captain and Suarez in recent times.Jamie Carragher really showed himself up for the nasty man that he is in his book.This is a man who would have ordered his mates to beat up Lucas Neill in a shopping centre if it wasn't for David Thompson being with him.At least Keano always settled his scores on the pitch.

has he been that much of a success? i've seen him being bypassed by so many. his only contributions i've seen are penalties and assists from corners/free kicks i.e. whenever the play has stopped. he could do that playing right back tbh.

not watched lately so maybe he's improved.
Well, against ManUtd he won the ball back more than any other player. When you consider who else plays in our midfield, that's pretty amazing for someone who supposedly doesn't have the legs for it any more.

Well, against ManUtd he won the ball back more than any other player. When you consider who else plays in our midfield, that's pretty amazing for someone who supposedly doesn't have the legs for it any more.

was it against the static midfield of fellaini and carrick? didn't watch the match mate, but we hadn't seen a centre mid at goodison for a good 4/5 years before this season and moyes seems to have carried over many of those characteristics to united. i haven't seen their centre mid dominate a game this season coming to think of it.

full backs pass to wingers who smack the ball into the box over and over.

was it against the static midfield of fellaini and carrick? didn't watch the match mate, but we hadn't seen a centre mid at goodison for a good 4/5 years before this season and moyes seems to have carried over many of those characteristics to united. i haven't seen their centre mid dominate a game this season coming to think of it.

full backs pass to wingers who smack the ball into the box over and over.
You're right. But, you can only play what the other team put out. I'd say he's pretty nailed on to make the PL team of the season.

You mean at least he ended other players' careers on the pitch and ruined his nation's World Cup campaigns because of his selfishness and massive ego. He's one for all young players to look up to.

For the love of good Keano or no Keano Ireland were never going to win that world cup.The man stood up for what he believed in and more power to him.I wouldn't approve of the whole Halaand thing but he is still twice the man that 23 Carra gold ever will be.He also has a bigger medal haul.:)

You're right. But, you can only play what the other team put out. I'd say he's pretty nailed on to make the PL team of the season.
people like to slate him now, but I thought Fellaini did okay in that game, carrick was a total passenger and van persie is saving himself for the world cup, so Gerrard had plenty of space, he still played well in that game, Henderson still isnt all that, as his attempt as switching the pay right out the ground showed, but rodgers has put runners all around Gerrard so it works, City and Chelsea will be a tougher test, but its working at the minute, as you say next season will be interesting, both with the added games, and you'd expect other teams to come up with some ideas to combat liverpools system

hmm, dunno. maybe, coleman, ivanovic, koscielney, yaya toure, hazard and suarez are the only nailed ons for me atm. possibly marshall as well.

For the love of good Keano or no Keano Ireland were never going to win that world cup.The man stood up for what he believed in and more power to him.I wouldn't approve of the whole Halaand thing but he is still twice the man that 23 Carra gold ever will be.He also has a bigger medal haul.:)
That Keane challenge never ended Halaand's career though.

whats all this nonsense about whether sturridge should have had the pen?

If a player kicks out into air at osmeone that is a booking for violent conduct. Sending vidic off and giving the pen basically punishing united for what could have happened if there was contact, as he clearly didn't touch him.

So yes a dive, no penalty and no red card either. they cheated to kill the game off (potentially) and the only reason why it is not being lablled in the media is because

A) Moyes didn't raise the issue afterwards
B) Because it is liverpool and the media would love them to wn the league.

Gerrard gets away with it as he's England captain,he's protected,never thought I'd see the day I was more disillusioned with a man as an England captain,who,great player though he has been is a blatant cheat/coward and a thug,Billy Wright(Not our Billy,the England captain!!),Bobby Moore etc must be turning in their urns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back