Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Last summer Suarez was frustrated at the lack of progress as reflected in our league position. When Arsenal bid, his head was turned. Gerrard said to him, "Give us one more year. If it was a team like Real Madrid, I'd understand. But Arsenal? One more year. If you experience a night at Anfield in the CL, you'll remember it for the rest of your life."

I'm slightly paraphrasing.

Serious question, do you honestly believe that guff about your European nights being more 'special' than other teams'? I think you people are being ironic but every now and then I reckon you genuinely believe it and that all the 'deluded' taunts are spot on.

Help me out.

If he is at Liverpool next season, will that convince you?

You guys will be in Champions League next season which I think will be his main motive for staying. I can't really comment on whether or not Suarez has a personal affinity for the club, but for purely footballing reasons, I would be surprised if he left you guys next summer.

That is terrible. I honestly want you to get 4th and to qualify for the CL. I've been saying in my past posts that I think Arsenal will die in the arse. If you stay close enough, you should pip them, because you still have to play them. It might end up being in your hands. And I'd love to see a Liverpool v Everton CL quarter final.

Stop it. STOP IT. Stop being amicable and at least play to our stereotypes please.

You know this game.

Reactions: RED
Suarez is best player in prem by far and I'd imagine it will be recognised when footballers player award come in. If you look at the footballers who have all ready voted and put it social media it seems he may well be overriding winner.
I've seen enough football in my life to recognise a top top player and if you don't think he falls in that bracket then I'm sorry but that casts into doubt your own football knowledge and knowing of the game.

he's not though, is he? yaya toure has scored about 20 goals from centre mid and done it consistantly since he came here. just because suarez has finally had a prolific season, doesn't mean he's the best player by a mile.

I'm struggling with the bit about Liverpool being better than Arsenal to be honest.

Arsenal have just spent more than twenty years being miles better than Liverpool for the most part. Liverpool tonked them at Anfield this year but this season they have played three games and Arsenal have won two of them?

Serious question, do you honestly believe that guff about your European nights being more 'special' than other teams'? I think you people are being ironic but every now and then I reckon you genuinely believe it and that all the 'deluded' taunts are spot on.

The cult gets you in the end...

he's not though, is he? yaya toure has scored about 20 goals from centre mid and done it consistantly since he came here. just because suarez has finally had a prolific season, doesn't mean he's the best player by a mile.
He is the best in the league at the moment. We can't have it both ways by claiming they are stupidly top heavy and have no defence and then say the strikers aren't that good. They are or were in great form. I'm not sure they have enough to take them beyond City, but they warrant being where they are.

I'm struggling with the bit about Liverpool being better than Arsenal to be honest.

Arsenal have just spent more than twenty years being miles better than Liverpool for the most part. Liverpool tonked them at Anfield this year but this season they have played three games and Arsenal have won two of them?

he's a deluded red, not much to struggle about ha

He is the best in the league at the moment. We can't have it both ways by claiming they are stupidly top heavy and have no defence and then say the strikers aren't that good. They are or were in great form. I'm not sure they have enough to take them beyond City, but they warrant being where they are.

people can have opinions about whether they think he's the best in the league.

saying he's by far the best is borderline stupidity.

A full strength arsenal pissed all over a full strength liverpool side at the Emirates in November. Arsenal have had arguably their 3 best players out for most of the season.

Liverpool fans are just going overboard because they've had one good season in 20

A full strength arsenal pissed all over a full strength liverpool side at the Emirates in November. Arsenal have had arguably their 3 best players out for most of the season.

Liverpool fans are just going overboard because they've had one good season in 20

...and suarez gets best striker in the league in a season where aguero and van persie have missed large parts through injury :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back