Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year: Oh Everton play boring long ball and grind out results, that's why they finished ahead of us. All hail Brenda and muh tiki taka, we'll be the next Barcelona just watch
This year: Oh we're not playing long ball, just high passes to Suarez. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

It's gonna be funny when Suarez leaves in the summer. The new contract has lured thousands of deluded Redshites into a false sense of security when really all it has done is give him some more money and a concrete, undeniable release clause so he can bugger off to Madrid or Bayern and stick two fingers up at all of them, thanking them for their support over the years.

I'll be totally honest mate, their not boring to watch, actually must be pretty exciting for anyone neutral, but its massively to do with the fact that Suarez is one of the top 3 in the world now and makes stuff happen continually, Rodgers if i will give him one thing, is an opportunist who capitalized on something when it appears, through accident with Gerrards injury, Henderson found great form in the middle in Gerrards old role, to fit StevieG into a squad as he couldn't leave him out he had to alter formation, and once it worked he stuck with it.

Call him a pragmatist or lucky or flexible or just very lucky, one thing he doesn't have is a individual philosophy of how the game should be played, which by itslef isn't a bad thing unless like they do frequently you make a big deal of playing a brand of footy that you throw in the bin almost straight away come the new season

I dont know what he is mate, tbf. He could be the next Rinus Michels as far as I know. All I see is a feller who played in a very possession based manner for season after season before taking over Liverpool and applied it when he got there first season. Those 'sound principles' are said now to have been 'tweaked' to suit the players he has. I just think he was on a hiding to nothing and did a 180 degree turn and took in the advice of senior players like Gerrard and Carragher. The rest is history

It was said about Tony Benn last week he was a signpost not a weather vane; with this feller it's the other way around. We can call it pragmatism too I suppose.

They can't stop talking about our ageing defence for some reason.

Baines, Stones, Coleman are all younger than Agger, Skrtl, Toure and Johnson.

Then there's Duffy, Garbutt and Oviedo who are also all younger than those liverpool players.

Distin is the only one who's replacement is fairly urgent and considering the way he's played this season, even that is a few years away.

I dont know what he is mate, tbf. He could be the next Rinus Michels as far as I know. All I see is a feller who played in a very possession based manner for season after season before taking over Liverpool and applied it when he got there first season. Those 'sound principles' are said now to have been 'tweaked' to suit the players he has. I just think he was on a hiding to nothing and did a 180 degree turn and took in the advice of senior players like Gerrard and Carragher. The rest is history

It was said about Tony Benn last week he was a signpost not a weather vane; with this feller it's the other way around. We can call it pragmatism too I suppose.

Rather have a Tony Benn then a Ed Milliband though every time mate ;)

They can't stop talking about our ageing defence for some reason.

Baines, Stones, Coleman are all younger than Agger, Skrtl, Toure and Johnson.

Then there's Duffy, Garbutt and Oviedo who are also all younger than those liverpool players.

Distin is the only one who's replacement is fairly urgent and considering the way he's played this season, even that is a few years away.

Kinda funny though, we have now 3 of out back 4 sorted for at least the next 6 years as Oviedo is a capable replacement long term for Baines, so basically we have Jags to replace over the next 2 years or so, and lo and behold we have Browning coming through from the academy

Meanwhile they have Flannagan and a bunch of jokers, and i think he's actually been vastly overrated already, meanwhile every year they bring in someone new who doesnt work out, what ever did happen to that star of the future they brought in a few years back anyways

Whenever their defense has been put under pressure this year, it's cracked, a bit like Newcastle under Keegan, and similar to those Keegan teams they have the goals to outscore a lot of teams when they start shipping at the other end, it's not a sustainable tactic though and was basically ridiculed by those self same rs fans who now laud Rodgers

The irony of everton fans laughing at liverpool playing in europe. Everton might as well not turn up

I thought Brenda had Suarez playing as a reverse winger from the left side, not quite out wide, but tucked around the corner? That's tactical genius if I've ever heard it.

The clocks went forward last night, and this morning, we rose. The sun was out and the warm spring air wrapped its arms around us.

All over Liverpool. All over the country. All over Europe. All over the world. We all woke up just that little bit earlier than we would otherwise have liked on a Sunday morning. Some of us were nursing hangovers. Some of us just felt sick, and alcohol had nothing to do with it. I woke up at 9am, and there was no chance of me getting back to sleep.

We watched it all yesterday. We didn’t dare hope. If we let ourselves for one second think that actually, Palace were playing well, and they could win this, we’d tell ourselves off. City not beating Arsenal? No chance. Not a chance. I said it yesterday: Palace beating Chelsea was one thing – I’d take that all day long, because Arsenal weren’t going to get a thing.

Then it happened. We sat back, and for a second we bit our lips. Our eyes were deceiving us. “It’s in Liverpool’s hands”, they said. After a short delay, it sank in.

It was in our hands.

So this morning, we rose.

All over the world, people like me. Kids like me. Born on the 27th of September 1990. Never seen it. Had good times that we’ll always treasure, never take for granted. Had Istanbul. That was amazing. The FA Cup. The treble under Houllier. The League Cup under Kenny. Brilliant. Makes you love football.

We had 08/09. It wasn’t to be. Shortly afterwards, we’d be stood outside the Royal Courts of Justice, trying to get our club back. Standards Corrupted.

We had Hodgson and Konchesky and Poulsen and Jovanovic.

For a while there, I was wondering if I’d see it. It wasn’t even that we had to win the league, we just needed to be… good. Good again.

Describe it to me, lads. Tell me what it was like watching us in the 80s.

Tell me if we’re as good as I think we are right now.

Because I woke up this morning and I felt nervous, but it wasn’t the same as it has been before. Sunderland, right? They got a goal back. It was a bit dodgy for a while. I shat bricks. But I woke up today and something felt different, like I’d finally let myself accept something. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Football. Oh, football. So many times I’ve wished I didn’t care, because my life would be so much easier. [Poor language removed] football. You wait all week for it – you look forward to it, but you dread it. You want to trust them to pull off the result that they should, but it’s never that simple. You sit there and you’re losing and there’s no way back.

Then this season came along. We can do anything. We play the best football in the country, and some of the best in Europe. We can be losing, but we know we’ll still win. Now, when it’s a game that we should be winning on paper, we’re winning it in reality. I look forward to every game with ravenous anticipation. I’m hungry for it. Bring. It. On.

Tell me that they’re not scared of us. When those players were leaving the pitch today, Anfield erupted, and I’m not sure I’ve ever heard anything quite like that before. Tell me they’re not terrified of us.

One game left.

One after that.

One after that.

One after that.

One after that.

One after that.

Just found this beauty on RAWK, makes me vomit tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back