Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being slightly pedantic but the ref blew for city free kicks on two occasions and Suarez just booted the ball into the stands.

You've seen them given
Ok. I actually thought the ref did a pretty good job given the speed of the game. The obvious mistake was Skrtel's hand ball. Other than that I thought he was pretty good.

I take it you think that there was contact and it was not a dive. Given the amount of contact do you think that the amount of rolling around, the 360 spin, the amount of shin clutching and the arm raising calling for help is justified?

Sporting behaviour, class and dignity my arse.
Not really. Exaggerating contact (which it most definitely is, at best) is still "diving". But, yellows are rarely given for that.

Look - they (their 'fans') do NOT want us to get CL football. The gloating about last night started at half time.

All this 'all in it together - did us proud over Hillsborough' goes out of the window and they revert to the 'Spirit Of Heysel' immediately.

Anyway, their lunatic fans are an accident waiting to happen on the continent and it will happen all over again.
It's a football rivalry, honestly why do people like you drag the conversation down to the gutters.

You seem to drop all morals when it comes to him. Liverpool used to pride themselves on how they act, yet you defend a racist, and defend a man who bites other human beings because he scores goals for your club.

That is the epitomy of a player being considered biigger than all around him.

In fact, may be better to describe it as, defending racist behaviour.

I don't think he was biased. It wasn't long ago our fans were saying the opposite to what you just said.

Funny how he only reffed us again for the first time since then last year like. He was either biased or so incompetent he should never have been allowed to take charge of another top flight match. I don't think I've ever fumed at a derby so much to be honest. Watched it with my kopite stepbrother and even he was just shaking his head and laughing at Clattenbastard by the time Carragher did a German suplex on Lescott at the end.

You seem to drop all morals when it comes to him. Liverpool used to pride themselves on how they act, yet you defend a racist, and defend a man who bites other human beings because he scores goals for your club.

That is the epitomy of a player being considered biigger than all around him.
You can't defend the bite. That's just crazy.

You can't defend racist behavior either. But, the Suarez case is not so straightforward. But, for argument's sake, let's say that it was a clear racist incident caught on tape. He was banned. So, that's the end of it.

I don't see why that makes him bigger than the club.

Watched it with my kopite stepbrother and even he was just shaking his head and laughing at Clattenbastard by the time Carragher did a German suplex on Lescott at the end.
i actually remember that particular incident clearly. It was a very dangerous moment. Flirting with disaster

You can't defend racist behavior either. But, the Suarez case is not so straightforward. But, for argument's sake, let's say that it was a clear racist incident caught on tape. He was banned. So, that's the end of it.

I think he's refeerring to the t-shirts that the team wore, the out cry by your fans that it was all a conspiracy by the FA, everyone wanted to keep you down blah blah.

I don't know how old you are mate, but my elder Liverpool fans have said the following: if Peter Robinson was still running the club, Suares would have been out the door in the blink of an eye.

I've also heard its a bit of a gastpo at Anfield nowadays; peoples season tickets getting revoked, stewards acting like the SS and querying people on where they got their ticket from etc etc.

2 of my associates have got ongoing battles with your beloved club for mistreatment by stewards for the above reasons

Your manager demanded his players wore a t-shirt in support of racist behaviour. After all of this, after dragging your name through the dirt, you give him the offer of huge riches, and let him be Captain.

You have placed that Bellend in a list alongside Gerrard, Hansen, Dagliesh. all this just to keep him happy. By doing it you have devalued what it is to be the leader of your club, the talisman, the focal point.

That is why Suarez has become bigger than the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back