Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Suarez out and they finish 8th or 10th. I know he IS there so it's moot point, but all this guff about how Brent has 'improved' HEnderson, 'got the best out of' Gerrard or how 'well he's managed' Sterling is just a touch irritating.

If Hodgson hadn't have bought the bitey Uruguayan then he'd probably have been sacked by now.

Where's all the DM articles about how wrong the loan system is now that the RS look to have secured the title via a winner at Chelsea from one of their players?

It could literally only happen to Liverpool that their two title rivals both fail to beat the worst team in the country (at home, no less) in the space of a week. Not to mention Chelsea in doing so losing their first home game in like 5yrs or something daft under Mourinho.

They're fkn dipped in it.

City were out of the title race effectively by the time they drew to Sunderland; Chelsea were before they lost to them. They would never have been allowed out of Anfield with a win or draw.

I really dont think the Sunderland games this week changed anything. It was settled last Sunday when Clattenburg did his job and refused two clear cut pens in a title decider. His appointment as match ref put me on notice that the title was heading to Anfield; I had hoped some spotlight on his record with Liverpool might lead to scrutiny in the media and keep him honest, but I hadn't factored in the sheer determination for all that to be ignored and his performance went to script. It was billed as the title decider and by [Poor language removed] it turned out that way too.

City were out of the title race effectively by the time they drew to Sunderland; Chelsea would never have been allowed out of Anfield with a win or draw.

I really dont think the Sunderland games this week changed anything. It was settled last Sunday when Clattenburg did his job and refused two clear cut pens in a title decider. His appointment as match ref put me on notice that the title was heading to Anfield; I had hoped some spotlight on his record with Liverpool might lead to scrutiny in the media and keep him honest, but I hadn't factored in the sheer determination for all that to be ignored and his performance went to script. It was billed as the title decider and by [Poor language removed] it turned out that way too.

What about when Liverpool went to City and had a good goal ruled out for offside? Did the Ref in that game not get paid off?

Not sure Liverpool have been out the top 4 all season. As for top 8 wins, Liverpool beat United and Spurs before Christmas.

Top on christmas day suggests form was strong before Jan. Two tough away games at Christmas gave a distorting picture.

I think the perception of some of these players is different to the reality. Henderson has been integral, Flanagan is very solid, Coutinho would improve any team in the league and Gerrard has been superbly managed by Rodgers.

What did you vote in the poll m8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back