Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when Liverpool went to City and had a good goal ruled out for offside? Did the Ref in that game not get paid off?
The one where he was played through on the halfway line and then everyone stopped running for it when the flag went up immediately?

I think they were richly rewarded after the postcode ref decision too. They can have no complaints on officiating this season.

So how does it work @davek?

Do they meet all the ref's in the country to tell them that Liverpool MUST win the prem or is it a selected few?

Liverpool have been lucky this season without Suarez and Sturridge being fit for most games they would be 7th. If Aguero had played as many games as them 2 City would have won at a canter. Gerrard is being made to look better by his stats by all the penalties. Next season hopefully they will be nowhere when they have to play 2 games most weeks. If they concede 4 more goals between now and end of the season they will be the title winners with the most conceded since the inception of the Premier League. This shows they are not a great team but a two trick pony, long balls and set plays. Also very helpful refs.

So how does it work @davek?

Do they meet all the ref's in the country to tell them that Liverpool MUST win the prem or is it a selected few?

It's a business. Certain teams get favourable decisions each season. This isn't a revelation is it? I mean, you dont believe that doesn't happen do you? Like everyone else I'd imagine you say "[Poor language removed] me, these top teams get away with murder". And one of them gets the rub of the green more than the others each season and it pretty much determines who ends up where. Liverpool have been that team this season. It's good for business or the brand that it's passed about a little more. The refs are part of the business. They earn their living through it. And they cant fail not to pick up on the general media frenzy this year that this is Liverpool's time.

I expect 'it works' that way. In fact I'm pretty sure it does.

This talk of conspiracies is quite embarrassing. City have been the team that have benefited from dodgy decisions, by a distance imo. Chelsea have had some very fortunate calls too including against Liverpool. Eto'o should have been given a straight red and it was one of the rare occasions that Suarez didn't dive and should have had a pen.

The bottom line is that the officiating in this country is at an all time low. When Webb is seen as your best ref, something has to be done.

Take Suarez out and they finish 8th or 10th. I know he IS there so it's moot point, but all this guff about how Brent has 'improved' HEnderson, 'got the best out of' Gerrard or how 'well he's managed' Sterling is just a touch irritating.

If Hodgson hadn't have bought the bitey Uruguayan then he'd probably have been sacked by now.
But not 9th?

If you say so,i totally disagree,coutinho would improve anyteam in the league!!,i dont know what you are on but i would like some please,2-3 goals,5 assists,been hauled off at half time in so many games,average at best.
Coutinho is average at best? Hyperbole?

5 goals and 6 assists.

I'm not sure what the average goal/assist rate is for attackers in the PL but I'm certain it won't be as good as Coutinho's figures.

This talk of conspiracies is quite embarrassing. City have been the team that have benefited from dodgy decisions, by a distance imo. Chelsea have had some very fortunate calls too including against Liverpool. Eto'o should have been given a straight red and it was one of the rare occasions that Suarez didn't dive and should have had a pen.

The bottom line is that the officiating in this country is at an all time low. When Webb is seen as your best ref, something has to be done.
True, but then Clattenburgs 'wrong' decisions 'always' favour liverpool.

Coutinho is average at best? Hyperbole?

5 goals and 6 assists.

I'm not sure what the average goal/assist rate is for attackers in the PL but I'm certain it won't be as good as Coutinho's figures.
Sorry i was 1 assist off and 2 goals off so that changes everything,he would walk into any team in the prem!,BEST ATTACKER IN DA WORLD,u a red by any chance?.

True, but then Clattenburgs 'wrong' decisions 'always' favour liverpool.

I'd say the United game has been blown out of proportion. 2 penalties were nailed on and the other was an amazingly realistic dive. He could easily have given 1 or 2 more really..Nothing suspicious about that one.

The City game was bad though, I agree. Suarez should have been sent off twice and the handball at the end was shocking, but I don't think anyone seen it...not even the City players. Weird.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/liverpool-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_31_383.html

A lot of poor results in there tbf, just surprised at how few games he's refereed of there tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back