Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho is average at best? Hyperbole?

5 goals and 6 assists.

I'm not sure what the average goal/assist rate is for attackers in the PL but I'm certain it won't be as good as Coutinho's figures.

Kevin mirallas 7 goals 8 assists and has been pretty [Poor language removed] all season.
Would he walk into any premier league team then?

You dont think they do on the evidence before you in big games?

Most refs are around the age whereby they probably grew up with Liverpool's success and became fans, no doubt.

I don't see it as a conspiracy for them though. Combination of a shocking group of ref's and big clubs getting decisions. Always the way.

I think Coutinho would work well in anyteam in the league. When he is on his game he is superb and usually does it in the big games.

The notion that he is average is silly in my opinion.

I think Coutinho would work well in anyteam in the league. When he is on his game he is superb and usually does it in the big games.

I think he is over-rated by Liverpool fans.

He is a good player though, who will probably be very, very good in 2/3 years time. His stat's aren't all that but you seem a much better team with him in there. I was impressed by his tenacity and 'snappyness' against City too, didn't think he had that in him.

As is the notion that as soon as someone plays football in a shirt with Standard Chartered on it they magically become world class/best in the league/best ever player ever.

PickledI'll post: 2661201 said:

Ok no problem, I'll let you get off now, lpool about to start, you might want to get your laptop on to watch the game.

It took me a while to accept it but Liverpool are where they deserve to be. They've been playing good football and their run of winning games is impressive. Of course, I don't want them to win it, I hate the day those lot bring the cup back - it brings all the glory hunters out and it's a nightmare to get anywhere that's on the route. It is a bit embarrassing to read about conspiracies tho, we all laughed when Liverpool were obsessed by conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27096737

disgusting from rodgers tbh. i bet that in no way did the players think about that speech at all. only gerrard and flanaghan have any affiliation with the club anyway ffs.

he's an utter fraud, using a tragedy to try and paint himself with a great image.
They were at the memorial service (berto gave a great speech) where she stood up and talked, so pretty sure they understood the magnitude of what she went through. You wouldnt be human if you didnt. She's a wonderful woman, said a lovely thing to Berto too.

They were at the memorial service (berto gave a great speech) where she stood up and talked, so pretty sure they understood the magnitude of what she went through. You wouldnt be human if you didnt. She's a wonderful woman, said a lovely thing to Berto too.

i meant at today's game. didn't word it great tbh.

it was a terrible tragedy, it just seems imo that he seems to be using it as an excuse (so to speak) to try and get the media to think he's a great honest guy. even if it what he said was true, why blert it to the media? feel free to tell the lady herself as it may please her, but it just wreaks of egotistical nonsence on rodgers' behalf imo.

i supported him as a swansea fan, so have nothing against him, personally as well.

I find this feller's use of a disaster for football distasteful to say the least. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27096737

I'm sorry. There's no excuse for this.

It's weird and difficult to understand. They appear to enjoy the limelight of those that suffered.
If Rhys Jones or Maddie Mccann had been pictured in RS shirts they would have flags and banners and all sorts going on. I don't get it and find sick tbh.

Do Bradford or Juve fans behave in a similar way over their own tragedies?

Serious question - not for one second trying to point score over something so emotive.

It's weird and difficult to understand. They appear to enjoy the limelight of those that suffered.
If Rhys Jones or Maddie Mccann had been pictured in RS shirts they would have flags and banners and all sorts going on. I don't get it and find sick tbh.

Do Bradford or Juve fans behave in a similar way over their own tragedies?

Serious question - not for one second trying to point score over something so emotive.

I wouldn't go far as saying Rodgers enjoys the limelight of those who suffered. There's no way that would be true.

I'm merely highlighting that this is a tragedy that shouldn't be a topic of conversation or tool that can be used for the purposes of winning a football competition. It's just bizarre that this feller doesn't seem to have the strength of the situation on this matter. I couldn't envisage, say, Dalglish using it like this. Rodgers does come across as being a bit weird, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back