Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pragmatist he is he'll also know they're the outsiders in the CL. I think he'll go there to win. Why not, he's got nothing to lose.

Also, whoever is picked is playing to win a place in a potential CL Final.

I think he'll go for the shutout and hit on the break most of the other big sides have been too proud, or stupid, to adopt. If anyone's capable of it he is!

Intriguing game none the less. Would he risk a heavy defeat playing a half-arsed side at this point in the season knowing the effect it could have on the morale?

I think he'll play Torres in the Liverpool game, which is to say he'll play 10 men. There's no way he'll use Torres in the CL tie with his old club. When Liverpool drew Atletico in the UEFA Cup he didn't make himself available for either leg because he was 'injured' (which seemed a soft one at the time). There's no way Torres will jeopardise his legacy at Atletico by helping Chelsea beat them. Mourinho will preserve his best XI for the CL legs, imo.

davek..lets all hope that everton can make the c/l still because the present set up of the euro league may be something that even everton may prefer to avoid like a plague of locusts..your words..

maybe we should change the rules then and insist every team in the league has to play in europe..just to make it fair like..
Should be squad limits though.

Europe will be painful for both you and us next year. Only City and Chelsea have the depth to deal with league challenge + deep European run. Squad limits would go a long way to evening the playing field.

davek..lets all hope that everton can make the c/l still because the present set up of the euro league may be something that even everton may prefer to avoid like a plague of locusts..your words..
Everton need Europe for the prestige, Liverpool don't.

I'm sure Liverpool's fans didn't want to miss Europe last year, but objectively one would assume a smaller squad would expect to do better having to play less games, right?

Not always the case, but with managers complaining about the FA Cup it's only one small step to wanting to avoid the lesser European competition.

Sorry for being thick, but how does it contradict it? I'm talking about this season, they're worthy winners. Next season they might 'suffer' from playing many more games. But that's got nothing to do with this season.
It's a contradiction because you first say that they'd be worthy champions and then you go on to wonder how they'll cope with the extra workload next season. In other words: they'll prove their worth if they can cope with the workload that the opposition cope with.

Yes. I have no problem accepting our league form will no doubt suffer if we have extra games. That's what playing in Europe will do.

But we're talking in relation to Liverpool, not any other team outside the CL finishing teams of the past couple of years. They spent big in that time out and, when all is said and done, Chelsea and City will have called on the same core players to fight on all fronts.

It's unanswerable mate. You give teams over a third of a domestic season each to negotiate against a near challenger who dont have that workload and it is a monumental task for them to deal with.

Liverpool have been blessed with the two best strikers in the PL this season, no question. And that has resulted in them getting their necks in front. In all fairness it should be much better for them than it coming down to the last game of the season.

How can they be argued to be worthy of being champions when you strip all the nonsense away?
davek..seeing as you finished ahead of liverpool last season do you not think everton also had an unfair advantage by not having the hindrance of playing in europe this season...if so what happened..

They've fallen on their feet just like in '05. No-one will remember there league showings then or the fact they rested players and finished 5th so fair play to them, again they've taken advantage of the top clubs who have an interest in all competitions.

think everyone knows that the setup of the euro league is not having the desired effect and i think it would be better even if it was made into a knockout comp instead...it seems to only benefit teams in outer mongolia or somewhere and when the c/l dropouts enter it is then even more farcical...most of the winners are from that group usually so whats the point in it really...i mean who wanted to watch wigan in it and next season we may even have hull in it as well..maybe davek was right in saying liverpool avoided it like the plague last season..but nobody admits to that of course..

davek..seeing as you finished ahead of liverpool last season do you not think everton also had an unfair advantage by not having the hindrance of playing in europe this season...if so what happened..
What happened? We added to our posts total from last season by having no European games (as per the last few seasons) and adding a better manager; Liverpool did much better this season because...erm...they didn't have Europe this season. This is how it works. No European games gives an advantage.

think everyone knows that the setup of the euro league is not having the desired effect and i think it would be better even if it was made into a knockout comp instead...it seems to only benefit teams in outer mongolia or somewhere and when the c/l dropouts enter it is then even more farcical...most of the winners are from that group usually so whats the point in it really...i mean who wanted to watch wigan in it and next season we may even have hull in it as well..maybe davek was right in saying liverpool avoided it like the plague last season..but nobody admits to that of course..

I know mate, How dare those teams grace our tv screens

stek .the only ones who are crowning it already are some pundits and definately most of the posters on here..some of whom gave it to us even before sundays close encounter with norwich..i for one will only accept it if and when they play the last game and count up the points..dont forget your own great run 8 wins out of the last 9 is pretty special imo..

Why is that last part in this statement ? You kopites can't help yourselves can you.

What honestly does our run have to do with pundits crowning your team champions ? That part doesn't belong here, its just a typical smug kopite, who is feeling all giddy with a side of pee leakage.

Its ' We are the champions of England, we are ace laaaaaaaa, get in. Oh but hey, your team put up a good fight too mate *pats on back* '. So please, stop with your smugness. Don't reply saying it isn't because you've all been at it in recent weeks. Only worthy of a mention because you've won 11 on the bounce.

We're going to finish with our highest ever PL points tally after 2 more windows of negative net spend and finish in a higher position that last season - you lot have chucked yet another £60m at it and this time through a combination of circumstances, a couple of good buys and a large slice of good fortune, have capitalised on others weakness and are finally looking like getting a return in the league for your 20 years of spunking money at it.

You're the club that's the highest spending in der Wuuurrrrld, in the last 20 years, who've not won their domestic league in that period. Well done for finally getting what you paid for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back