Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team who finishes top always deserve it in my opinion.

This year is (begrudgingly) their year.

The only time I dont think that happened was when Derby won it on goal AVERAGE. Like they won by 0.1% of a goal plus an outrageous offside decision against Leeds v West Brom.

If Mourinho sends out a deliberately weakened team at Anfield I hope Atletico absolutely muller them next week in the return leg.

FFS lids this is barmy.

Chelsea would have been able to send an academy team to the Pit and not worried about losing 20~0.

They screwed it all up themselves by losing at Villa and Palace then at home to Sunderland.

And thousands of people have made arrangements for this game, based around a Sunday kick off.

I wouldn't be best pleased if EFC started changing dates at the drop of a hat to accommodate another team.

In fact we had a thread were lids were expressing concern about the United fixture last week being brought forward a day if they were involved in a semi last evening, as they had made travel arrangements and booked planes and hotels.

For once the RS are blameless and occupying the moral high ground in refusing to co-operate.

Jose won't do it. Mind games. He's been at it all season. How many papers have been running Chelsea for the title? None. It's been low key.

He hates the RS. He won't want one of his underlings getting one over him. He'll choke the life out of the game. He's just throwing out signs to cover if he does lose.

The RS will win it regardless of the result on the weekend.

The team who finishes top always deserve it in my opinion.

This year is (begrudgingly) their year.

Unfortunatley this is correct.

If City and Chelsea want to compete on all levels then its up to them to ensure they have a squad capable of doing so.

If Ferguson was still in charge of United we may not be in with a shout of CL football; swings in roundabouts

Its 38 games ffs

I'm gonna throw it out there that if Chelsea beat Liverpool this weekend, Liverpool won't win the league.

Don't you dare field a weak side Mourinho.

43 matches of Liverpool against 56 games of City and 56/57 games of Chelsea.

One game per week versus two games per week.

How anyone sees that as a point that can be left aside regarding the destination of the title is beyond me.

Did it not matter, is that what some would say?

They'll be the worst champions of England in the PL period.

No reigning champions to contend with because of Ferguson's departure
Officials falling over themselves to help them with pens / punish their nearest opponents
Played 25% less games than Chelsea and City
Football overly-reliant on punts to two goal machines

Liverpool have played the hand they were dealt, if football was that easy everybody would be doing it.

Liverpool have played the hand they were dealt, if football was that easy everybody would be doing it.
I have no problem accepting that point. I'm questioning the view though that playing 14 games more doesn't have an impact on the title's destination. It obviously does, and that, therefore, brings into question the achievement of the champions in waiting.

43 matches of Liverpool against 56 games of City and 56/57 games of Chelsea.

One game per week versus two games per week.

How anyone sees that as a point that can be left aside regarding the destination of the title is beyond me.

Did it not matter, is that what some would say?

When was the last time a team that wasnt in Europe won the league though?

At the end of the day, Chelsea and City have spent massively in recent seasons so that they now have big enough squads capable of playing multiple games per week.

Just look at their benches..... Their "B" teams are more than capable of beating anyone on their day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back