Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That deserves to be quoted in full.

@rawk
whoever wrote that article comes off as incredibly bitter tbh. not that they are completely off base in what they say, they just seem like theyre close to tears and having a big old cry.

if that article gives you fellas something cling onto, fair play. they wont give a doodle though. and neither should we tbh.

Last edited:
To counter your argument, they could point to the fact that they won the league without the financial benefits of being in the champions league.

Hate to sound like I'm defending the rs, but your posts are reinforcing the 'bitter blue' stereotype.

Let's just hope they lose their arse for the last 3 games and we can all move on with our lives.

What better example to defend Davek than last night. Cech and Terry out of Sunday. Not being in Europe is a massive advantage and however good their first X1 is, their squad depth is awful and would never have coped challenging on more than one front.

It's treading over well trodden ground I have to (again) bring up the claim that Liverpool are relative paupers and this shows they are doing it the right way etc.

They've just posted 3 consecutive £50m losses (with another similar loss to be posted next year), this is precisely the sort of financial doping that brought about the FFP restrictions.

Martin Samuels is quiet about that but blows his lid over 3 loan signings.

It's treading over well trodden ground I have to (again) bring up the claim that Liverpool are relative paupers and this shows they are doing it the right way etc.

They've just posted 3 consecutive £50m losses (with another similar loss to be posted next year), this is precisely the sort of financial doping that brought about the FFP restrictions.

Borini has won them the league.

I haven't heard a thing about loans from that bell since...

Liverpool are winning the league with 11 players who cost £6.99 at Aldi.

This is the new truth. All bow down to the new truth.

What better example to defend Davek than last night. Cech and Terry out of Sunday. Not being in Europe is a massive advantage and however good their first X1 is, their squad depth is awful and would never have coped challenging on more than one front.
But that's Chelsea's fault, no? Their managerial changes have led to a poor strategic approach to squad building. Their squad should be stronger, they've had more money than anyone. Obviously the CL is an additional consideration but that's the point of Abramovich isn't it? He's there to make Chelsea a force on all fronts, playing big games at the business end of the season is pretty standard. Their whole infrastructure is geared towards such pressures and strains.

If their squad is stretched, that's their own fault. The rest of the footballing world need not cry for them. Mourinho is operating in a relatively privileged position but you'd think he was a church mouse with a League 1 first XI. It's his usual diversionary tactic when his team may not do the business.

But that's Chelsea's fault, no? Their managerial changes have led to a poor strategic approach to squad building. Their squad should be stronger, they've had more money than anyone. Obviously the CL is an additional consideration but that's the point of Abramovich isn't it? He's there to make Chelsea a force on all fronts, playing big games at the business end of the season is pretty standard. Their whole infrastructure is geared towards such pressures and strains.

If their squad is stretched, that's their own fault. The rest of the footballing world need not cry for them. Mourinho is operating in a relatively privileged position but you'd think he was a church mouse with a League 1 first XI. It's his usual diversionary tactic when his team may not do the business.

I don't disagree with a word of that but similar could be said of your squad?

I don't think Jose is playing mind games. No way is he risking Hazard, Eto'o, Oscar etc. in a pretty meaningless game for themselves at Anfield. I see a comfortable 2-0.

I just can't quite believe they're going to win the league. The reality is starting to sink in.

I don't think Jose is playing mind games. No way is he risking Hazard, Eto'o, Oscar etc. in a pretty meaningless game for themselves at Anfield. I see a comfortable 2-0.

I just can't quite believe they're going to win the league. The reality is starting to sink in.

I'm over it.

Resigned myself the moment Kompany presented the trophy to them on a plate a few weeks ago.

I have moved on already.

7809573102_c3b0fdde4e_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back