• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracker on facebook yesterday.
Could have targetted this from so many angles, but decided to go this route. I replied, 'Yes, there is a massive difference. One player is an attacking midfielder, and the other is a defender you absolute trumpet. Considering BallSakho and Skrtpants cost use the league last season, Fraudgers could do with signing Stones. Although, he probably doesn't hoof it up the field adequately enough for you long-ball merchants.'

bit overboard on the nicknames there lad.slight cringe

£14m for Borini is a lot, but LFC is only going to make a £3m profit on him. They signed him for £11m in the first place.

When you consider Aspas was signed for £8m last summer, flopped, and has now been sent out on a season long loan with view to a cut price permanent deal next summer, they're not that boss at doing great deals.

Remember Cisse? Signed for £14m, sold for £7m two years later. Best one was Diouff, signed for £10m and sold for £2m to Bolton.

£14m for Borini is a lot, but LFC is only going to make a £3m profit on him. They signed him for £11m in the first place.

When you consider Aspas was signed for £8m last summer, flopped, and has now been sent out on a season long loan with view to a cut price permanent deal next summer, they're not that boss at doing great deals.

Remember Cisse? Signed for £14m, sold for £7m two years later. Best one was Diouff, signed for £10m and sold for £2m to Bolton.

they still get to play around with that sort of money, it doesn't work out for them, so what, they spend more. No matter what way you look at it, they can spend and spend, if it doesn't happen, they keep on spendin. We wish we could splash the money they have but we can't. we still compete though... It's just sad for me entering a season knowing we can't win the title, that saddens me. not what the RS are up to.

For celebrating a title like absolute tw@s that they ended up throwing away poetically in two beautiful moves.

but we finished 5th, they finished 2nd do you realise how ridiculous laughing at them is? I hate it but the truth is they finished higher than us with arguably a worse sqaud barring a world class striker, who is a tit.

They don't havesaid striker next season, we may laugh yet.

[Poor language removed] 'em they take uptyo much air time as it is

Last edited:
but we finished 5th, they finished 2nd do you realise how ridiculous laughing at them is? I hate it but the truth is they finished higher than us with arguably a worse sqaud barring a world class striker, who is a tit.

They don't havesaid striker next season, we may laugh yet.

[Poor language removed] 'em they take uptyo much air time as it is

if we spent half as much as them i wouldn't take consolation in the fact "we finished above them". even if we only spent £10m in a season, they would laugh their tits off if our captain cost us the one title he craved so much and then we threw away a 3 goal lead after 79 mins!

if they finished 1st and we finished 2nd next season, i wouldn't fail to be happy with our season purely for the reason that it was them that finished above us, as you say [Poor language removed] em.

I still don't get why we laugh at them for coming 2nd, am i missing a trick here?

No one is laughing at them for coming second.

In itself, that was a laudable achievement.

It is the comical way they finished second that provokes the mirth.

They had it won.....their fans had already started celebrating with victory parades.

They were selling t-shirts with "Champions 2013/14" emblazoned on the front FCOL.

Gerard's slip and Crystalbul added to the general atmosphere of fun in Evertonia.

And beyond.

Because it became apparent that very few neutral fans wanted them to win it.

And if that ain't enough to make you see the funny side then we laughed out of sheer relief.

Thy are insufferable enough at the best of times so we dodged a bullet as their title dream went up in smoke.

They had it won.....their fans had already started celebrating with victory parades.

They were selling t-shirts with "Champions 2013/14" emblazoned on the front FCOL.

Gerard's slip and Crystalbul added to the general atmosphere of fun in Evertonia.

And beyond.

And if that ain't enough to make you see the funny side then we laughed out of sheer relief.

Thy are insufferable enough at the best of times so we dodged a bullet as their title dream went up in smoke.

Thats got it nailed mate, the whole fabric of everything we hold sacred would have collapsed, i,am convinced the level of bellendry from that shower would have been unbearable.

*Thank you Stevie Lar, from the bottom of my heart... Thank Yooouuuu!!!*

And beyond.

Also the 'first is first and second is nowhere' cobblers trotted out by Hansen etc as the Anfield mantra. Which is fine, until they actually come second and the cult claim they won The Peoples Premiership, The Class & Dignity Premiership etc. Also that their competitors 'bought' the league whilst they're surviving with 'bargain basement'£15m signings.

Ungracious and unsporting the lot of them, deserve all the sneering they get

Back with the big boys Champions League, an incredible ammount of money coming in, ground extention improving the match day revenue by £30 million a year started, upgrading players that finished second last season and still have up to £100,000,000 to spend. Yep what's not to laugh about

Well done to Steve Peters for keeping the lid on the simmering pot called Suarez for the whole season. Obviously once the rat was out of his care and he had given the English game one final reminder of his bettrr qualities he returned to type and got on with the business of Being Suarez..there's obviously something strange about people with big gnashers.

Andy Carroll. Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

£35.25million lost on all three

Bought 35million sold 17million

Bought 6.75million sold 4million

Bought 20million sold 5million

And beyond.

All this is true but many people on this thread are saying that the manager is an amateur, the players are average and the club is in some sort of turmoil. No, they lost a great striker and they'll probably get another. Sturridge is a 20 goal man anyway so it's not really needed.

They can win it next year and I think the whole mocking them thing is a bit silly when they finished 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back