• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this is true but many people on this thread are saying that the manager is an amateur, the players are average and the club is in some sort of turmoil. No, they lost a great striker and they'll probably get another. Sturridge is a 20 goal man anyway so it's not really needed.

They can win it next year and I think the whole mocking them thing is a bit silly when they finished 2nd.
You serious mate ?

They celebrated the title in March lad......... March !!!

The team were even in on the act, when they had won the game against Spurs. The media soon followed and every tom, penis and harry were strolling around with lob ons at the prospect. As an Evertonian, the mocking wasn't silly at all, it was euphoric.

Last edited:
LMAO Everything Rodgers has ever done has been to emulate Martinez.

It was Martinez who put the Swansea style of play into practice, and Rodgers just rode his coat-tails (after previously being sacked at Watford and doing nothing at Reading).

It was Martinez who played Barry at the back, which led to Rodgers copying him and playing Stevie Slip there.

The one thing Rodgers hasn't done in emulating Martinez is winning a trophy.
There's another thing he hasn't emulated too

It's only bantz mate, chill.

The conceded 50 goals last season. FIFTY. I can't believe this has been overlooked so much. The only reason they finished even in the top 4 was because rat face plundered all those goals. I honestly believe they will be lucky to finish 6th. Brenda is going to be found out in a big way...especially with the new Beattie (Lambert)

Back with the big boys Champions League, an incredible ammount of money coming in, ground extention improving the match day revenue by £30 million a year started, upgrading players that finished second last season and still have up to £100,000,000 to spend. Yep what's not to laugh about

I can smell you from here.

You honestly think that Lambert, Lallana and Emre Can is an upgrade from last season ? You honestly believe that. Chelsea, Arsenal and City have strengthened and haven't finished yet. The players they have brought in so far is what i call an upgrade. You would have to be thick beyond belief to not see this and dumber than a box of rocks to even toy with the idea that the loss of Suarez and additions of Lambert/Lallana is an upgrade. Good grief

But fair play though, Liverpool achieved what they set out to do all along. Finishing in the top 4. :D

Remy added now. Not a bad player bit injury prone. 8 million seems a bit of a steel surprised Everton weren't in at that price.

I can smell you from here.

You honestly think that Lambert, Lallana and Emre Can is an upgrade from last season ? You honestly believe that. Chelsea, Arsenal and City have strengthened and haven't finished yet. The players they have brought in so far is what i call an upgrade. You would have to be thick beyond belief to not see this and dumber than a box of rocks to even toy with the idea that the loss of Suarez and additions of Lambert/Lallana is an upgrade. Good grief

But fair play though, Liverpool achieved what they set out to do all along. Finishing in the top 4. :D
I think them players are better options than we had last year. Did you not see Liverpool's bench. Suarez cannot be upgraded on however I have a feeling Liverpool will have a much better squad than last year.

Suarez was their top goal scorer last year, and their highest for assists. Second was Gerrard, and he mostly assisted Suarez with a long ball. Sturridge benefitted off teams paying special attention to Suarez.

Last year Sturridge knew he was going to get a game as 1 of 2 up front, completely different situation to when at City or Chelsea, give him competition, and. Hanged their system back to 5 in the middle to compensate for Gerrard, and he'll lose his head again. His place wasn't secure with England, or at least not AS secure as at lfc, and look what that did to him.......

Can't believe people are talking about Liverpool winning the title again. It was only the beggining of last season people were in histerics at their aspirations for top four. Rogers seems to have brought back a bit of belief and fear. Be nice to think Bobby can emulate that.

Ha Ha ha Ha

Lad

The sun rises in the morning, the sun sets in an evening, the moon will go through phases, the birds will chirp on a summers morning, it will get cold in the winter........... and kopites will talk about winning the title in the months of June and July. These are things that are guaranteed on our beautiful home we call Earth.

..................... At least you're not just browsing and are active on our forum. Its always nice to have a few reds to chat to. Be honest though, did you buy one of those Premier League Champions 14 shirts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back