• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How embarrassed are their supporters that they in a way cost them the title? That's the question we should be asking them. They can buy all the Cans and Lamberts they want. Lallana is a good player but Southampton got away with public robbery. Markovic is the wild card, expensive transfer and probably won't turn into a bust but it's possible he won't turn out to be a world beater. If Kopites think they'll win the title through Sterling, Sturridge, THE SAME BACKLINE, an aging Gerrard and Super Hendo (a more limited McCarthy) then I envy their optimism.

Last edited:
I think them players are better options than we had last year. Did you not see Liverpool's bench. Suarez cannot be upgraded on however I have a feeling Liverpool will have a much better squad than last year.
You can buy all the attacking talent you want. You won't buy the goals and impact that Suarez made. Liverpool conceded 50 goals last season and i see absolutely no improvement in this department at all. Fifty goals !! Liverpool scored over 100 goals in the league and STILL couldn't win it. WHAT IS THAT TELLING YOU ! ......... Well clearly nothing to The Manager of the Year. His defence will have him walking on wafers next season.

You're also kidding yourself if you think the likes of Lallana, Lambert and Remy will be able to play in Brent's hoof and run A game. That only worked with a combination of skill and cheating from Suarez. It won't be known yet but the evidence will be all too clear come August/September when kopites realize the actual cost of losing Suarez.

.......... and lets not even get into the debate of playing those extra 15 european games and the demands of that.

So when you say Liverpool will have a better squad, you must be referring to actual numbers. Its certainly not ability and talent.

Last edited:
why not? they'll be playing two up front. so you'd say you need 2 and 2 backups.

Suppose. Just seems excessive to have Sterling, Sturridge, Lambert, Bony, Remy, Markovic. They do play a front 3 I guess.

Still... That strikeforce has good quality and depth but nobody to really put the sh**s up teams. And I'm happy for them to splash £20m+ on Bony.

o-BRENDAN-RODGERS-570.jpg

Brendan-Rodgers.jpg
article-0-1EFFC55800000578-169_634x522.jpg

It's nice to see them do a Spurs. Sell your star player, and replace him with half a dozen good players.

World class players need replaced with world class players Brenda.

Agreed

Shouldn't count those chickens before they hatch

They have enough quality to be in the top 4 mix and even possibly higher

Van Gaal is an experienced manager with a good rap sheet but it will be only his first season in charge. I still don't think Arsenal will ever win the league while Wenger is still in charge. So that most likely points to City, Chelsea and Liverpool fighting for the title, based on how last season ended anyway.

We should wait till Christmas before we start putting up the "Kopites fail for another season" bunting

I don't think anyone here is actually that stupid or even naive. Evertonians mocked them so severely because of their behaviour and arrogance when THEY had the bunting out prematurely/t shirts printed etc. Most are simply of the opinion that they have got to be weakened by the loss of Suarez in their attempt to win the League which, remember, is their holy grail.... and that they'll do well to maintain the impetus of last season in staying in the top 3. Not winning the League is failure in their own eyes remember. Apart from the constant top 1/2/3 presence of City,Chelski and Arsenal noone can estimate what the gain of Van Gaal may do for United so people, by the same token, should not under-estimate what the loss of Suarez may do to LFC.

Well at least I haven't had dogs abuse. I see a lot on here tipping Liverpool for collapse now Suarez has gone and Liverpool's season to be a disaster. If that is the case I'm sure all those same people can only see Evertons season being more successful and likely to finish above a team who have sold their best player, rubbish manager, rubbish current crop of players with also rubbish new signings to add. " Yep taking into account all that it really will be a poor season for Everton if they were to finish below that" wouldn't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back