• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only wanted Champions League though.

LiverpoolTShirt1.jpg

Christmas and Easter champions. Back to back titles. You can't knock that.

The same Stevie that according to Ross said
‘He told me I’m from Liverpool, a local lad playing for the team I support, and there is nothing better,’ says Barkley, who caught the eye during his cameo in the 4-0 win. ‘He’s done that throughout his career. He said playing is the main thing, going to another team and not playing would be no good for my development.

‘I was a bit star-struck when I first joined up but Steven was good to me when I was away. I sat next to him on the coach and he gave me loads of advice. He said the big hitters are going to be looking at me but the main thing for me is to stay with the club I’m at, the team I support and love, which is Everton.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rrard-told-I-leave-Everton.html#ixzz37w1VsbFI
Does that not back up what I am saying. Not getting into an argument about it just something I was told by someone who would know. Could well be a load of rubbish.

Does that not back up what I am saying. Not getting into an argument about it just something I was told by someone who would know. Could well be a load of rubbish.

You still havnt said if finishing below 1st next season would be a failure.

Its the complete opposite to what your saying. Unless of course you believe that guff that desperate RS were spouting about Ross being a Liverpool fan growing up.........

So is that yes? Or no?

@jkyle
I think Liverpool are a year in front of schedule under Rogers so I do not believe finishing lower than second will be to problematic.

They are also competing with teams that pay much higher wages. Last season was a massive success in my eyes and to emulate it again would be an even better achievement as Chelsea and City have strengthened and have managers that style has been implemented.

From a personal point of view I cannot see how we would be able to improve on secondhow especially with such a poor manager, team and the loss of our best player. It seems the bookies also agree as they have Liverpool at 10/1.

It is nice to be mentioned as contenders again and Tuesday/Wednesday night's will have some relavance again.

So all in all I'm over the moon with things at the minute.

I think Liverpool are a year in front of schedule under Rogers so I do not believe finishing lower than second will be to problematic.

They are also competing with teams that pay much higher wages. Last season was a massive success in my eyes and to emulate it again would be an even better achievement as Chelsea and City have strengthened and have managers that style has been implemented.

From a personal point of view I cannot see how we would be able to improve on secondhow especially with such a poor manager, team and the loss of our best player. It seems the bookies also agree as they have Liverpool at 10/1.

It is nice to be mentioned as contenders again and Tuesday/Wednesday night's will have some relavance again.

So you should have finished 2nd next year?

But in reality you're not are you ?..... You have a manager who spends tremendous amounts of money on gash players, has no faith in his own 'phiosophy' , has no trust in the players to implement the styl he talked about, you also had 1 hand on the league title but your egotistical manager got totally schooled in tactics by mourinho and then showed how tactically inept he was at crystanbul when you were cruising at 3-0 up with 11 minutes to go.... Again he chose to feed his ego by continuing to push for an unrealistic amount of goals....... Truth is you should be league champions bu your manager cost you the title as he put his personal glory ahead of the team.

Hahahahahaha.

Nothing about you doing your usual thing on spending more than the majority of the division on new players again this summer. Oh no, you see it's not about the transfer fees, it's about the wages now.

Poor, poor Liverpool. The game is spoilt by money.

You utterly clueless whopper. You're a great fit for that club.

Eh? Only Cittee spend a lot more in wages. Since the Premiership began you have consistently been in the top 3 of total spend and wages, so finishing second I guess is a tremendous achievement if you ignore all the facts.

Lad, just so's you know, since the sport of football started, circa 1991, Liverpool have spent more money than any other team in world football who are without a league title to their name.

Yet you believe that you're competing with teams who pay 'much higher wages'. Your paying Glen Johnson £120kpw. Glen Johnson FFS. Gerrard is on, well, lord knows........ You agreed £200kpw with Suarez before he left for a better team. Your kidding yourself, in a huge way if you think you are paupers amongst the wealthy. There are not many teams in Europe who pay the kind of wages you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back