• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate but a player like Tiss needs the team to play around him.... He's what would be probably called a luxury player....it's akin to messi and Argentina... Now Tiss is no messi by a long shot but the rinciple is the same, that argie team is set up to accommodate messi.... The team fits around him. That would never happen in an England team.

I think a couple of things went against him. The first being his decision to stay at Saints, and the second being a certain Paul Gascoigne, and then the emergence of Scholes. Could any of that trio be played together, considering two strikers was the norm back then?

I suppose he could have played as a deep lying forward, but then he did have decent competition from the likes of Sheringham and Beardsley over the years.

I think a couple of things went against him. The first being his decision to stay at Saints, and the second being a certain Paul Gascoigne, and then the emergence of Scholes. Could any of that trio be played together, considering two strikers was the norm back then?

I suppose he could have played as a deep lying forward, but then he did have decent competition from the likes of Sheringham and Beardsley over the years.

This is probably a false memory created by a potent mix of dreams and chemical poisoning, but was there ever a rumour that we were going to buy le Tissier, in exchange for Beagrie and cash?

Currently having a debate over on RAWK who the new number 7 will be. Someone mentioned Remy and that went down like a lead balloon as the usual emerged ' he isn't special enough to wear 7 '.

Other number 7 ' special ' wearers in the past.

Gary Ablett
Nigel Spackman
Alex Watson
Steve Staunton
Nicky Tanner
Ronnie Rosenthal
Nigel Clough
Vladimir Smicer
Robbie Keane

Keep it coming fellers
Nigel clough..... the new dalgleish, right

This is probably a false memory created by a potent mix of dreams and chemical poisoning, but was there ever a rumour that we were going to buy le Tissier, in exchange for Beagrie and cash?

I don't know is the honest answer.

Wouldn't surprise me though, I'd imagine the rags linked him with anybody and everybody who was bigger/better than soton over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back