• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
On or around the anniversary of the date then sound.

Instead they used their fake grief as a PR exercise mate. Its tasteless.

But if the people it's aimed at appreciate it, does it really matter? If someone lost a loved one that day and seeing that wreath makes them think "That's nice, I appreciate the gesture", then that's a good thing surely?

If they think "How tasteless that they're trying to milk what happened to us for some undeserved kudos", then fair enough. But we don't know that. So instead I'm going to hope for the best and give them the benefit of the doubt

But if the people it's aimed at appreciate it, does it really matter? If someone lost a loved one that day and seeing that wreath makes them think "That's nice, I appreciate the gesture", then that's a good thing surely?

If they think "How tasteless that they're trying to milk what happened to us for some undeserved kudos", then fair enough. But we don't know that. So instead I'm going to hope for the best and give them the benefit of the doubt

I do think they're trying to milk it mate. It was a PR exercise. As cynical as it sounds. It borders on tasteless.

Mikey Fitzgerald the only one speaking sense as usual.

They laid out flowers for local people that were killed ffs no need to find a reason to snarl at them for that.

So you're saying that the possible end justifies the unsavoury means? That is, if it's possible that they appreciate the gesture then it's okay that Liverpool milk a tragedy for PR? I don't agree with that at all.

So you're saying that the possible end justifies the unsavoury means? That is, if it's possible that they appreciate the gesture then it's okay that Liverpool milk a tragedy for PR? I don't agree with that at all.

Why do any of these companies do stuff like that though?

Who benefits from this? Rodgers and co get to feel good for doing something nice, the victims possibly get happiness from a nice gesture and the club gets good PR

John Cena has met more "make-a-wish" kids than any other celebrity in the world. He's miles ahead of anyone else. WWE milk that for all it's worth. But is that a bad thing? Cena clearly believes in it so he's happy doing something nice, the kids are obviously delighted to meet their hero and the WWE gets to look good from the positive PR

This sort of stuff happens all the time. To nail just Liverpool for doing it seems a bit narrow minded in my view

There's no such thing as a selfless act

If this has caused some smidgen of happiness to people connected with the event then I can think it's better to focus on that rather than get the knives out for Liverpool

Fair's fair here, come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back