• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do any of these companies do stuff like that though?

Who benefits from this? Rodgers and co get to feel good for doing something nice, the victims possibly get happiness from a nice gesture and the club gets good PR

John Cena has met more "make-a-wish" kids than any other celebrity in the world. He's miles ahead of anyone else. WWE milk that for all it's worth. But is that a bad thing? Cena clearly believes in it so he's happy doing something nice, the kids are obviously delighted to meet their hero and the WWE gets to look good from the positive PR

This sort of stuff happens all the time. To nail just Liverpool for doing it seems a bit narrow minded in my view

There's no such thing as a selfless act

If this has caused some smidgen of happiness to people connected with the event then I can think it's better to focus on that rather than get the knives out for Liverpool

Fair's fair here, come on

Make a wish actually does something for ill kids, So whilst the WWE may get some plaudits for it they are still making a difference to peoples lives

What are Liverpool doing expect getting themselves publicity?

Make a wish actually does something for ill kids, So whilst the WWE may get some plaudits for it they are still making a difference to peoples lives

What are Liverpool doing expect getting themselves publicity?

Bringing attention to the cause? Doing something nice that will make things a little less awful for the people effected?

They may have donated some money to charity as well of course. If so, that's directly aiding the cause. Is there an article about it somewhere detailing whether they've done anything other than the flowers?

Last edited:
Bringing attention to the cause? Doing something nice that will make things a little less awful for the people effected?

They may have donated some money to charirt as well of course. If so, that's directly aiding the cause. Is there an article about it somewhere detailing whether they've done anything other than the flowers?

See yer later

Why do any of these companies do stuff like that though?

Who benefits from this? Rodgers and co get to feel good for doing something nice, the victims possibly get happiness from a nice gesture and the club gets good PR

John Cena has met more "make-a-wish" kids than any other celebrity in the world. He's miles ahead of anyone else. WWE milk that for all it's worth. But is that a bad thing? Cena clearly believes in it so he's happy doing something nice, the kids are obviously delighted to meet their hero and the WWE gets to look good from the positive PR

This sort of stuff happens all the time. To nail just Liverpool for doing it seems a bit narrow minded in my view

There's no such thing as a selfless act

If this has caused some smidgen of happiness to people connected with the event then I can think it's better to focus on that rather than get the knives out for Liverpool

Fair's fair here, come on

Cena does that as an act of charity. He does it and then goes about his day. WWE milk it.

Doing something nice and then bragging about it for financial gain (in Liverpool's case) renders it invalid as an act of charity. It then becomes solely a PR campaign. Again, this is an "ends justifying the means" situation, which we're going to disagree on. I don't think it's sincere.

Cena does that as an act of charity. He does it and then goes about his day. WWE milk it.

Doing something nice and then bragging about it for financial gain (in Liverpool's case) renders it invalid as an act of charity. It then becomes solely a PR campaign. Again, this is an "ends justifying the means" situation, which we're going to disagree on. I don't think it's sincere.

Fair enough

I respect your opinion

Reactions: Jxg
2j3p79c.jpg

Get on this horrible rat of a club using whatever they can to get positive media attention

Look at piss stained Kenny looking on thinking "What one are we laying this for then, Heysel or hurricane Katrina?"

Shocked they haven't flew them out to the Ukraine the grieve whoring beauts
I'd have no problem with it if it didn't say Liverpool on it, why couldn't they just put a wreathe down without having to promote their '2014 tour'?

Pointless arguing with him

Liverpool are a lovely bunch who have gone out of there way to cheer up the victims of the Boston bombings, Those people involved that day will have a spring in there step this week just thinking of that lovely tribute they lay down, What was the heart felt message again?

LIVERPOOL FC TOUR 2014

Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back