• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on now, bar lambert the players theyve brought in are decent

maybe not on suarez level, but as bout as good as they can get and id have been happy af if we'd bought any of em tbh, remy is a great signin for 8mil

maybe not on suarez level, but as bout as good as they can get and id have been happy af if we'd bought any of em tbh, remy is a great signin for 8mil
Sure they are decent. But for the kind of dosh they're pissing about they should be getting world class players. Not 'decent'

Do you see the 31 goals and 13 assists (plus penalties and free kicks won) being replaced with what they've bought?

I'm sure Bobby and the players will be looking to exact some payback too, mate. Here's hoping anyway, it's been far, far too long since we won at Castle Grayskull.

Bad news that Derby....Distin out, Jags plainly still injured, Alacaraz always [Poor language removed] injured, Baines back after long layoff, and Stones at RB....

Remy looks a good deal, and, yeah, the players may well be decent, (well, the ones I have heard of), but the prices paid seem ridiculous. What was Lalana, £20m plus? Same for the centre half, ish. I mean it might prove to be great spending, but it smacks of an arrogant approach from a club/manager who think they are better than recent events suggest.

Time will tell, but @davek called last season pretty well, so I am inclined to think he has nailed this as well. Hope so.

Sunderland supporters on their forums are laughing at them - they now call them Candlepool
City fans call them that too.

Hah, remember them creaming themselves over City winning the league like they'd won it themselves?

But we're the bitter ones.

Sure they are decent. But for the kind of dosh they're pissing about they should be getting world class players. Not 'decent'

Do you see the 31 goals and 13 assists (plus penalties and free kicks won) being replaced with what they've bought?

The injuries to other players, those snidey rakes, everyone always misses them when talking about that tw@s contributions

im not saying that theyll have as good a season as last year, it just makes me laugh when people mock the signings (granted the lovren/lallana fees are ridiculous), when thered be excitement if they came to us. i suppose thats football like. its just they actually have the same target as us, top 4 after all. they know their title chance has gone.

given theres no chance in hell theyll be signing the fabregas/or any world class type players, i honestly do think theyve done pretty well. compared to other windows anyway. just need to look at last summer to see that for them, its been a pretty good haul

im not saying that theyll have as good a season as last year, it just makes me laugh when people mock the signings (granted the lovren/lallana fees are ridiculous), when thered be excitement if they came to us. i suppose thats football like. its just they actually have the same target as us, top 4 after all. they know their title chance has gone.

given theres no chance in hell theyll be signing the fabregas/or any world class type players, i honestly do think theyve done pretty well. compared to other windows anyway. just need to look at last summer to see that for them, its been a pretty good haul
Come on lad no talking sense in here, you're a clear red if you don't have 'klanfield' or 'brendan the tranny *******' in your message

Don't think many of us would be excited dropping £25m on Lallana or £20m on Lovren...or with Lambert at all. Lazar or what have you may turn out well, or he may be gash, but £20m is also quite a bit to drop on an unknown.

Can is one for the future maybe at £10m.

People here would be ecstatic with those signings because it would mean that we've been bought by a rich owner. Not because they're particularly good signings. They're not bad signings, mind you, but they've given up their world class striker for a lot of upper mid-table quality players.

They are looking to be worse next year than last year, and have spent money on top of the Suarez money. That's pretty ace.

Decent. £80million has bought them decent.

I'd be livid if we did that.

Unless they bag some absolute champions league quality, they'll drop like a stone from last year.

Back 4 still weak. Forward line lost its fear factor.

Remy looks a good deal, and, yeah, the players may well be decent, (well, the ones I have heard of), but the prices paid seem ridiculous. What was Lalana, £20m plus? Same for the centre half, ish. I mean it might prove to be great spending, but it smacks of an arrogant approach from a club/manager who think they are better than recent events suggest.

Time will tell, but @davek called last season pretty well, so I am inclined to think he has nailed this as well. Hope so.

have any of their signings even played CL before? guessing remy might have done the odd season in france. markovic and can maybe a season?

lallana is a £10m max player, same to lovren and remy probably £12m imo, but has a lot of baggage and high wages. can't comment on the others because i have literally never heard of them.

they're good players, will they improve their team from last season, lovren isn't as good as agger imo, but he'll come in for probably sakho, so yeah, that's an improvement. remy's obviously not an improvement on suarez who was basically everything. they've added a bit of depth but strengthened? nah. they had a lot of replacing to do with suarez, they haven't really done it, they haven't even explored the possibility of that calibre of player which is pretty astonishing.

for all the paper talk of reus, cavani, sanchez etc. they only seemed to be interested in sanchez as a swap deal, something which was backhanded quicker than a wimbledon final winner.

The thing is spend high or spend low, expensive players can flop and cheap signings can thrive. It's all down to the man at the top to build a coherent system and get the best out of them whatever the price. Is Todgers the man to get some of these players up to Champions League level? Seriously doubt it myself.

You would have to think that they did make enquiries about high calibre replacement for Suarez and had the money to do so, that leaves the conclusion that nobody was interested in joining them. Either that or they have just jizzed the lot without serious thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back