• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Manager saying he's worth 100 million

_81674654_bale_getty.jpg

City Manager saying he's worth 100 million
The whole interview with pellegrini is interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ni-manchester-city-barcelona-champions-league
Pellegrini knows that some see that as the league Liverpool lost, not the league City won. “And that’s absolutely unfair, for lots of reasons,” he says. “First, we were competing in lots of competitions: we won the Capital One Cup, winning every game; we reached the FA Cup quarter-final; we had the Champions League. Liverpool only had one competition, an enormous advantage.”

“[Steven] Gerrard’s slip? They lost 2-0, not 1-0. If they’d drawn that, we’d [still] have been two points ahead. Then they were winning 3-0 [against Crystal Palace] and drew 3-3. When we blew a lead in Cardiff, it was said that the team was bad. Where do people get the idea that they deserved it more? Competitions? We were in more. Goals for? We scored more. Goals against? We conceded fewer. Points? We had two points more and played I-don’t-know-how-many midweek games. I just don’t see it…”

This annoys the City manager. “Muchísimo,” he admits. “I understand that Liverpool are more popular, that they have a great tradition and hadn’t won the title for years, that they have more English players, so people wanted them to win. But we beat them here, and [at Anfield] we lost 3-2 in a game with important refereeing mistakes. We didn’t say anything: we congratulated them and continued. There’s not one footballing reason to say they deserved it more”.

The English angle is interesting. Would you like to sign more Englishmen? “It’s important to have English players,” Pellegrini says, but he has a question of his own: “Can you sign them? To improve this squad, you’re talking players you can’t get. Let’s say [Luke] Shaw. £35m on a left‑back because he’s English? Can you get [Raheem] Sterling from Liverpool? Maybe if you go with £100m. [Gary] Cahill? Or [Frank] Lampard a few years ago? And if I want an Englishman in [David] Silva’s position, who is there?” There’s a long pause. “[Wayne] Rooney? Either they don’t exist or clubs won’t sell.

The whole interview with pellegrini is interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ni-manchester-city-barcelona-champions-league
Pellegrini knows that some see that as the league Liverpool lost, not the league City won. “And that’s absolutely unfair, for lots of reasons,” he says. “First, we were competing in lots of competitions: we won the Capital One Cup, winning every game; we reached the FA Cup quarter-final; we had the Champions League. Liverpool only had one competition, an enormous advantage.”

“[Steven] Gerrard’s slip? They lost 2-0, not 1-0. If they’d drawn that, we’d [still] have been two points ahead. Then they were winning 3-0 [against Crystal Palace] and drew 3-3. When we blew a lead in Cardiff, it was said that the team was bad. Where do people get the idea that they deserved it more? Competitions? We were in more. Goals for? We scored more. Goals against? We conceded fewer. Points? We had two points more and played I-don’t-know-how-many midweek games. I just don’t see it…”

This annoys the City manager. “Muchísimo,” he admits. “I understand that Liverpool are more popular, that they have a great tradition and hadn’t won the title for years, that they have more English players, so people wanted them to win. But we beat them here, and [at Anfield] we lost 3-2 in a game with important refereeing mistakes. We didn’t say anything: we congratulated them and continued. There’s not one footballing reason to say they deserved it more”.

The English angle is interesting. Would you like to sign more Englishmen? “It’s important to have English players,” Pellegrini says, but he has a question of his own: “Can you sign them? To improve this squad, you’re talking players you can’t get. Let’s say [Luke] Shaw. £35m on a left‑back because he’s English? Can you get [Raheem] Sterling from Liverpool? Maybe if you go with £100m. [Gary] Cahill? Or [Frank] Lampard a few years ago? And if I want an Englishman in [David] Silva’s position, who is there?” There’s a long pause. “[Wayne] Rooney? Either they don’t exist or clubs won’t sell.

Pretty much hitting giant nails on the head with his novelty sized electro hammer.

Pretty much hitting giant nails on the head with his novelty sized electro hammer.
Personally really like Pellegrini, know some see him as a bit of a cold fish but think he just believes that you get better long term results coming to logical rather than emotional conclusions.

I also like the way he always tries to win a game and provide the fans with entertainment. You can see why he and Mourinho don't get on.

Personally really like Pellegrini, know some see him as a bit of a cold fish but think he just believes that you get better long term results coming to logical rather than emotional conclusions.

I also like the way he always tries to win a game and provide the fans with entertainment. You can see why he and Mourinho don't get on.

He's one of football's nice guys, certainly. A shame he'll be getting the sack in the summer, it's not his fault Kompany retired in everything but body.

He's one of football's nice guys, certainly. A shame he'll be getting the sack in the summer, it's not his fault Kompany retired in everything but body.

Ridiculous really. The football they played last year was probably the best in City's entire history and some of the best in the prem's history as well. Even now, if in top form, their isn't a side in England who could live with City. What people forget about that Liverpool 3-2 win at Anfield, conveniently clouded over by that bunch of over emotional cocky inbred beauts was that after Liverpool had shocked them with early goals, City absolutely wiped the floor with them away at their nearest title challengers. It was complete domination and could have been 5-2 to City before Kompany's fatal brainfart gifted them the win. It had to be some side to stop the spawn of Satan winning it last year and fortunately it was a brilliant City side. Shame Pellegrini will be fired only 12 months on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back