• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair dinkum, the reds thoroughly deserved their victory this night. The swans were overly standoffish to equal their persistence to win. Not chuffing happy here.

Some of you lads don't half get yourselves worked up and end up posting some drivel like. Relax, who cares about what Liverpool do right now? Let them wank themselves silly on their little forum whilst pretending everything we post about them is hilarious.

Fact is whilst they are trying to overthrow a terrible Man Utd side to try and qualify for a competition they got utterly brushed aside in we are busy dreaming of winning the Uefa cup.

It's alright to admit they have some good players, Henderson is a solid hard working player, Coutinho is brilliant at times, Skrtel is solid at the back, Mignolet is a very good shot stopper, Allen is hugely under rated even if what he offers is never going to catch the eye. On the other hand I do feel the hype behind both Emre Can and Sterling is a bit over done. Can has shown himself to be a decent utility player but he seems to burn himself out quickly in the middle of the park and has lapses of concentration at the back. Sterling whilst tricky and pacey has poor finishing and crossing.

In the summer if we buy smartly and keep hold of our key players there is little reason we cant be back up there. Might seem a bit optimistic considering what we have seen this season but I don't think people realise just how bad some of the teams are in this league and unless we win the Uefa we aren't going to have Europe to worry about.

Out of the players in their current squad though how many would go to the next level? Sturridge? No top side would touch him, inconsistent and injury prone and without Suarez a poor goal record. Sterling? Massive wages, another one with a poor goal return and has really not done anything that special ever in his career to warrant nay of the hype. The media fall sucker to it, top scouts do not. Coutinho? Maybe, but he's not in the same class bracket as Silva Fabregas Isco, Iniesta etc. The rest of the squad is largely garbage. No one is going to buy Henderson Allen Skrtel Mignolet. They are average players but it is Rodger system that allows them to flourish. His midifeld do not have to play, they only have to destroy and play it forward immediately. The defense only has to defend and then go long. It requires little talent apart from mindless runners in midfield a few creative sparks and good strikers (the one ingredient they've been missing this season).

So i don't see their squad being ripped apart any time soon. the best hope is Rodgers goes because then if any manager tried to get that lot playing football through midfield they'd be shown up for how average they are.
This is an interesting discussion re: the strengths, or rather weaknesses of the LFC squad (not just the quoted post but from all of the preceding posts between yourself, Toffeejack, davek and others). Based on the points that have been raised, it seems to me that the only logical conclusion is that Rodgers is a genius.

Lads, they will level off. They are not that good. Rodgers is very good at getting them believing they can win and they play off the back of that BUT, they are still very average across the field and will get found out soon enough.

Their luck is untrue but, I reckon it will only make it sweeter when they end the season in fifth and with no trophies again - seriously, it will happen.

They are bang average....but so are Manure. Terrible season all round. Chelski, Shitteh and the Arse are all equally desperate. The only great English team has been Stoke

Out of the players in their current squad though how many would go to the next level? Sturridge? No top side would touch him, inconsistent and injury prone and without Suarez a poor goal record. Sterling? Massive wages, another one with a poor goal return and has really not done anything that special ever in his career to warrant nay of the hype. The media fall sucker to it, top scouts do not. Coutinho? Maybe, but he's not in the same class bracket as Silva Fabregas Isco, Iniesta etc. The rest of the squad is largely garbage. No one is going to buy Henderson Allen Skrtel Mignolet. They are average players but it is Rodger system that allows them to flourish. His midifeld do not have to play, they only have to destroy and play it forward immediately. The defense only has to defend and then go long. It requires little talent apart from mindless runners in midfield a few creative sparks and good strikers (the one ingredient they've been missing this season).

So i don't see their squad being ripped apart any time soon. the best hope is Rodgers goes because then if any manager tried to get that lot playing football through midfield they'd be shown up for how average they are.
But look where they are in the league: 5th still after this run. They front loaded their season collapse and were left for dead at the starting gate. Doesn't matter when the collapse happened - it happened - and they'll have another few slips(!) on the run in too (a CL spot even is touch and go for them).

Put simply: with any sort of European workload Liverpool will never win the title or be serious contenders for it under this owner/manager regime. You're in danger of making Rodgers sound like Brian Clough here: that he's struggling against the big boys and coming up with a formula that uses the best players available to him to engineer their downfall. The thing about Rodgers though is that he's all sizzle and no steak. He talks a good game and that's about it.

Lads, they will level off. They are not that good. Rodgers is very good at getting them believing they can win and they play off the back of that BUT, they are still very average across the field and will get found out soon enough.

Their luck is untrue but, I reckon it will only make it sweeter when they end the season in fifth and with no trophies again - seriously, it will happen.
For who?

This is an interesting discussion re: the strengths, or rather weaknesses of the LFC squad (not just the quoted post but from all of the preceding posts between yourself, Toffeejack, davek and others). Based on the points that have been raised, it seems to me that the only logical conclusion is that Rodgers is a genius.

Wouldn't go that far. He's still the same manager who has never won a major trophy, never won a knockout European tie, is routinely embarrassed in Europe by average sides, grossly over pays for poor players, and managed to throw away the league when he needed 7 points from two home games and crystal palace. That said i think he recognises the premier league for what it is - a competition where technical football is almost redundant. There's so many poor sides trying to knock it around the back (ahem) that if you just abandon the paasing pretence and go first time to quick players you can steam roll the lot of them because they're not good enough to punish you when you let them have the ball. Europe is different as if you give the ball away a top side will hurt you and there are no friendly referees to give you game turning pens from your one foray upfield.

Martinez on the other hand still doesn't get the premier league. Its a zoo where you are better off trying to manage the turnover in possession than keeping it. In Europe however where sides want to play and can do so the approach works well in negating the threat of top sides.

Ultimately if Martinez perfected his approach theoretically it would be the better one as you would be in control dictating the play. Rodgers system will always rely on the opposition not being that good in possession but being happy to have it (hence why teams with no ambition like Bolton Blackburn and Everton blunted them). Also helps when you have ridiculous good fortune.

No denying though that Rodgers has adapted to the prem better than Martinez. He is clearly not as principled which for obce has worked in his favour. That said only one has a chance of a European triphy this year.

John Terry more than the very embodiment of kopitery?!?!?!?!?

Paul I'm feeling another visit from the dark side of Cybertron here mate

Im best friends with Negatron. My hate is unrivaled and has no boundaries for Liverpool or Chelsea, i only support chelsea when they play Liverpool.

The reason i try not to care about Liverpool these days is because i only wind myself up.

Wouldn't go that far. He's still the same manager who has never won a major trophy, never won a knockout European tie, is routinely embarrassed in Europe by average sides, grossly over pays for poor players, and managed to throw away the league when he needed 7 points from two home games and crystal palace. That said i think he recognises the premier league for what it is - a competition where technical football is almost redundant. There's so many poor sides trying to knock it around the back (ahem) that if you just abandon the paasing pretence and go first time to quick players you can steam roll the lot of them because they're not good enough to punish you when you let them have the ball. Europe is different as if you give the ball away a top side will hurt you and there are no friendly referees to give you game turning pens from your one foray upfield.

Martinez on the other hand still doesn't get the premier league. Its a zoo where you are better off trying to manage the turnover in possession than keeping it. In Europe however where sides want to play and can do so the approach works well in negating the threat of top sides.

Ultimately if Martinez perfected his approach theoretically it would be the better one as you would be in control dictating the play. Rodgers system will always rely on the opposition not being that good in possession but being happy to have it (hence why teams with no ambition like Bolton Blackburn and Everton blunted them). Also helps when you have ridiculous good fortune.

No denying though that Rodgers has adapted to the prem better than Martinez. He is clearly not as principled which for obce has worked in his favour. That said only one has a chance of a European triphy this year.

Rodgers plays 7 in defence. Goalkeeper, Three centre halfs, 2 full backs and 2 holding midfielders. Of course everyone will make you believe its a 3-4-3 formation. I watched MNF vs Swansea and the one thing the kopites channel didnt look at was the defensive line up - they even try to wind Gary Neville up, now that fergie has gone they need another manager to kiss the rear end of.

Somebody once said Rodgers just throws names into a blender to see what he gets like a lottery - couldnt of said it any better.
But hey i would love 5 wins on the bounce now in any manner.

To be honest......

A team that is having such a good a run as them after a terrible start to the season you have to actually give credit to them rather than just call them lucky. thats right, they are lucky for consistently winning these games, got nothing down to the team or manager at all. All the goals keep cannoning in off balotellis arse rather than them scoring.

It borderlines the bitter blues tag to be honest. This season i havent cared one bit about liverpool, hope they lose games but still dont concern myself with how they get on. but fairs fair they turned a possibly terrible season into one we thought we were going to have, and have done it despite not having a striker for 3 months, not too bad.

I hope they dont achieve anything sure, and they bomb out of europe every year but thats wishings for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back