• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Conte putting 8 men behind the ball. Which is exactly what Klopp did when they went 1 up. :D Difference is Conte knows how to successfully employ a tactic like that, while Klopp sounds like a whinging [Poor language removed] when it inevitably always fails. I wouldn't trust him to organize my son's 5 a side team. Don't anybody tell them anything though, I'm going to enjoy them winning [Poor language removed] all until he's manager (which will be a long time) and all the rs fans I know will be coming out with the usual bollocks like "it's still brendan's team, we're still in transition and don't have anything to spend." The poor sods

totally. Thankfully i had better things to do than to watch that but i did hear that. Organising a defence is the biggest part of football, yet he's one of a line of managers who can't do it and everytime his team can't outscore the opposition he whinges ... ironically, about the one thing he actually needs to learn himself. The way he sets up is like a 5 a side team tbh, "everyone run forward at once"

Hits the nail right on the head.

DPguYSqXcAAX7Zw

Klopp’s clearly been given the Liverpool manager script for dropping points at home ‘just say you dominated and the other team had everyone behind the ball’.

He’s doing a great job though, 2 and a half seasons in and he’s won FA, managed to scrape 4th in a season when he had no Europe, has thrown away the FA cup every year, is already out of the title race and league cup this year, yet all he has to do is beat up a no mark now and then and the kopites worship him. It’s unbelievable. At any of the real big 3 (United, Chelsea, City) he’d have been fired after last season.

'It's our year FC' - 14 points adrift from the top in November...
...A mild crumb of comfort in dark times.

they were never in the title race, they don't have a squad anywhere near good enough competing nor a manager, i'm not going to let the biased media ever talk me into those being contenders at the start of every bleeding season. The second half of this one they'll tail off massively.

Haha, the poor deluded sods. They think Klopp is going to win them every trophy that exists in world football in a couple of years' time. He's a decent manager but they've been conned into thinking they've got the next reincarnation of Shankly or what have you not. Any form of disagreement on that over at rawk and the klansmen will be out in full force telling you do believe and what a miserable [Poor language removed] you must be... because the glory days are coming back and soon they will win the World Cup. Klopp's magic quickly starts to wear off after about a year or so when the hugs and the yelling out on the touch line can only do you so much. That's when it becomes time to really prove your worth as a manager. Tactically, he's [Poor language removed] piss poor. Conte had his number tonight. As did Guardiola and Pochettino. And Mourinho as well, who went to Anfield and left with exactly what he wanted. He waited until the final minute to do his subs. At times he looks lost and they are no better now than they were under Rodgers. I'd even put a bet on Moscow beating them in the final match of the CL group to put them out of their misery. I'll bet my house that he's going to win absolutely nothing in his time there and will be sack in less than 3 years after their owners have had enough. Most of their fans would give Klopp about a decade though, seeing as they'd all lineup on their knees outside anfield one by one ready to suck his cock. When he is eventually sacked without so much as a teacup to their name under his leadership, it'll all be back to square one again and the majority will be left with their thumbs up their arses wondering what happened and the calls for StevieMe will eventually come in. Great to see.

I won’t go into too much argument about his tactical ability other than to say he’s far more tactically astute than he seems to get credit for in England, for whatever reason.

But I cannot let that bit in bold go without commenting. He was coaching Mainz for over 7 years, he was coaching Dortmund for 7 years, never in all that time did he lose his team, so I am not so sure where you get the idea it starts to wear off after 1 year. A coach who’s ways wear off after 1 year do not tend to stay at teams long. And even in his last season at Dortmund, the team never gave up on him, despite all the things that went against us the first half of the season the team stuck together and gained 11 places in the league and even got to a cup final, so even the one poor season would be considered an ok season for many teams. He’s the last coach who loses his team.

I know you good folks hate him cos of who he coaches, and I totally understand that. And to be honest I wish he wasn’t at Liverpool as in my view, he deserves so much better than them, but once in a while, I have to point something out that is totally wrong about him, so forgive me!

I won’t go into too much argument about his tactical ability other than to say he’s far more tactically astute than he seems to get credit for in England, for whatever reason.

But I cannot let that bit in bold go without commenting. He was coaching Mainz for over 7 years, he was coaching Dortmund for 7 years, never in all that time did he lose his team, so I am not so sure where you get the idea it starts to wear off after 1 year. A coach who’s ways wear off after 1 year do not tend to stay at teams long. And even in his last season at Dortmund, the team never gave up on him, despite all the things that went against us the first half of the season the team stuck together and gained 11 places in the league and even got to a cup final, so even the one poor season would be considered an ok season for many teams. He’s the last coach who loses his team.

I know you good folks hate him cos of who he coaches, and I totally understand that. And to be honest I wish he wasn’t at Liverpool as in my view, he deserves so much better than them, but once in a while, I have to point something out that is totally wrong about him, so forgive me!
I don't hate him. I do find him cringeworthy though. The way he touches his players is very odd. I'm surprised that no-one has told him to stop it.

Are you sure you saw this on the Reddit Football page mate? I've just done a little search on google for those dates and I can't find this anywhere on there.

Here it is: https://www.google.ca/search?q=redd...tIeuT_Qaow6iwDA&start=0&sa=N&biw=1101&bih=424

But do you know where I did find it, and what's coincidentally the top result on Google?

Funnily enough it was submitted to r/LiverpoolFC on September 23rd just as you had said it was.

I think someone is telling porkies. @the sniderman @orly

Why were you hanging around the LiverpoolFC subreddit looking for Stadium news updates @HongKongToffee ???

Most curious here.:coffee:

Hmmmm no acknowledgement @orly @the sniderman

This is an unrelated matter.But seeing that you are a Dortmund fan, how do you think Peter Bosz is doing so far?I really rate Bosz as a coach after Ajax's run in europe last season.Being an Everton and Ajax fan i was disappointed about his departure from Ajax.I felt you guys were getting a very good manager.But he seems to be struggling a bit at the moment.

Last edited:
Anyway back to related matters.We will turn it around and finish mid table at least.And that lot sure as eff won't win the league.So yeah happy 28th birthday Liverpool!

The first comma shows i'm addressing somebody as 'mate.' Without it there is ambiguity as to who or what the meaning of the verb/noun 'mate' is.
The fact that you called him mate immediately identifies him as...'mate.' ( as there are only 2 protagonists, you and mateybob.)
The comma, which is basically for a pause/and or a change of direction in the narrative, is thus redundant.

Punctuation pause mate pause (for emphasis) punctuation
Or
Punctuation mate pause (for emphasis) punctuation This is much better

'Eats, shoots and leaves' explains it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back