• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is you get called bitter for it but it comes up every time. Liverpool and United are Uefa’s cash cows. English tv is their biggest money earner and no two clubs have more whoppers paying to watch them than those two. No one apart from Spurs fans watch Spurs, same with Arsenal and City, they’re perfectly fine to shaft with rock solid groups every time they get in. United and Liverpool enjoy piss easy groups whenever they’re in it and will be guaranteed to share Basle and Porto between them in Monday’s draw whilst the Spurs and City will get two big boys.

Money money money.

Arsenal have huge overseas fanbase.

I think it would be really unfair of us to use any tactic to exploit any weakness that Liverpool FC may have in an attempt to get anything from this game. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Yes absolutely.

We reinvested the money we got from lukaku. So if we pretty much do anything other than bend over and let them bum us, we are the most immoral club in the country.

I think it would be really unfair of us to use any tactic to exploit any weakness that Liverpool FC may have in an attempt to get anything from this game. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Liverpool's weakness is it's defence, so playing an attacking game suits that end as well. Anyhow, let's see what Sam does. I am not against him being compact in defence for his team to win, what would be poor is the attitude that Mourinho shows which is to sit his players on the edge of their own box in big games continuously.

Liverpool's weakness is it's defence, so playing an attacking game suits that end as well. Anyhow, let's see what Sam does. I am not against him being compact in defence for his team to win, what would be poor is the attitude that Mourinho shows which is to sit his players on the edge of their own box in big games continuously.
Love it when Jose does this and steals a winner most of the time... especially against your lot. Shame klopp is too thick to realise he plays right into jose's hands with his all out attacking style.

Mourinho knows that if he negates them at Anfield every season the worst he’ll get at Old Trafford is a draw against them. He backs his team to pick up more points off everyone else than Liverpool will. It’s an approach Fergie used to take too and we’re starting to see Conte do the same. It basically takes away your chance to put 6 points over a rival. How many times under Moyes might we have finished ahead of Liverpool had we not given them a 12 point swing? One season you beat us twice and we still finished ahead of you.

They’re perfectly legitimate tactics and the onus is on Klopp to break them down. Because the top managers know he hasn’t got a plan B though they’ll keep doing this as home draws damage Liverpool. If Chelsea and United finish ahead of Liverpool it’s job done by Mourinho and Conte.

I believe we have it in us to break down any bus that Sam puts up. And, Mourinho is only successful at this tactic with United because he has a superhuman keeper. I was wondering about the Everton fans' perspective whether they are ok to see their manager being negative.

You've let in 2 goals in the league at Anfield this season, so thanks for all your advice but you're clearly wrong. Thanks though. We're all extremely grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back