Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 out of 169 coaches, players and journalists voted him amongst the World's Top players (one ranked him 24th and the other 38th of 40 votes cast). Consequently he finished just around 160th on the Guardian poll - well below Glyffi and well behind the 20 defenders in the Top 100.

So yeah well worth £75M for the new Joleon

Happy with the price for someone who doesn't want to play for us and showing it on the pitch.
Only good thing is they wont be coming to us for any more players as there aren't any good ones left!

is your club actually going to grow some balls now and report them for tapping up? Wait for the transfer to go through and go for the jugular! It annoys me how nice everton are, we just accept everything bad as "one of those things".

You guys started to report them and they dropped their interest. They're now going to get the player anyway, so why wouldn't you continue with the report? Your club has happily let them cherry pick your team's best players over the years and although they've overpaid you handsomely, if it's not this season, next season i think you may get relegated. So why are soton happy enough to let this happen? I find it a bit odd.

They’re just spending the Coutinho money.

With £75m being spent, he’s well off in January to Barca. So yes they’ll have got one good defender, but they’ll have been weakened going forward.

Liverpool have stripped Southampton of their assets for around 4 seasons. Each time a Saints' player has a good game they're snapped up by them. But when Everton enquire about (and get) their manager, all hell breaks loose.

We can't laugh at them for overspending can we. State of our transfers. At least they are signing players they know will come in and instantly improve on what they've got. Mane, Salah, Van Dijk. They'll lose Can but won't be arsed. Keita will improve them too. They'll sign another centre back in the summer and a goalkeeper, then they'll likely be the second best team in the league. We'll have to accept them winning the odd cup and getting in the champions league every season again. Shame.

And that would seem to be their new Holy Grail as the previous one - of actually winning the Premiership - loses credibility and diminishes with every season City's megabucks stranglehold on the title tightens. Theres not enough rose tinted glass ever made in Pilkingtons for us to suggest we can currently get near the RS...as an ouldarse Ive seen that before too so no hair shirt for me there. But if I ever thought Id lose the hope that we can come good..that we can get our status back and that we can play the football that I attribute to us, Id pack all this in now. Van Dijk will clearly have to hit the ground running fitness/match time-wise in January to get up to speed with the rest of his new team and shore up their backline, so next season will be the clearer acid test for Klopp given the points his defence have thrown away, and to inferior opposition, this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back