• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth are they top of the "respect to referees" column and second overall for fair play? Especially with the sort of antics described in the second paragraph.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/mar/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-respect-referees
A team of delegates marks each club every week for the Premier League’s fair-play league and Mourinho’s players currently score the lowest in the respect-to-referees column. Points are lost for repeatedly disputing decisions, badgering officials and any other examples of broken-down professionalism. Liverpool are top, followed by Burnley and West Brom. Chelsea are last and only marginally better, 19th out of 20 clubs, in the category that assesses the behaviour of managers.
The modern-day player is, however, becoming better at it, judging by a passage in Luis Suárez’s book about the penalty Daniel Sturridge won when Liverpool beat Manchester United at Old Trafford last season. “He threw himself down,” Suárez recalls. “It was such a good dive even I thought it was a penalty. But then I saw how annoyed Nemanja Vidic was. When I saw the replay I realised Daniel was about a metre away from Vidic. I said to Daniel later: ‘Can you imagine what would have happened if that had been me?’ He said: ‘I felt him touch me,’ and started laughing.”

f*cking kidding me like? a team with skrtel, gerrard as captain and henderson top of the respect for referees table? you are kidding me. you never see evertonian players complain to a ref. i'm guessing this table is based on players who get booked for talking back because RS seem to get away with that 3 or 4 times a match.

Great day all round: the Kopites will be fuming.

Everton win, United get 5 points ahead of them, Southampton breathing down their necks.

Swansea to step up tomorrow and boot them in the bollocks. :bye:

AAARGH Dave. WHENEVER you say the RS will fold they always do well.

I remember watching and playing football 15-20 years ago, you could tell whether a handball was a handball, whether a foul was a foul most of the time.

Says a lot about the sport these days that 4 people still can't tell whether a dive is a dive.
Ah, the good old days
diego-maradona-hand-of-god.jpg

I remember watching and playing football 15-20 years ago, you could tell whether a handball was a handball, whether a foul was a foul most of the time.

Says a lot about the sport these days that 4 people still can't tell whether a dive is a dive.
It's not hard when it's Suarez. I might go to YouTube one day and type in 'Suarez dives and fouls' if I've got a couple of hours to
fill in.

Carragher leads the way in showing respect to referees.

images

And don't forget how their 'moral compass' reacts.

images

The hypocritical Kopites just love to forget.

images

vSK3tUmUGWXeYbcC4an1slUVgUCHJ-cAKwmpX-UAMxo9fFj0EQvOvWOHh9ExWLSDhUjs=s127

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back