EFC Share

People are saying the share price will be diluted if the Friedkins issue more ( and they are probably right ). However,that didn't happen under the Moshiri share issue . When I bought my shares there were only 35,000 ,now there are 135,000 but the unit price has gone up which proves there is a continuing demand from supporters to own a small piece of the club for sentimental reasons .

People are saying the share price will be diluted if the Friedkins issue more ( and they are probably right ). However,that didn't happen under the Moshiri share issue . When I bought my shares there were only 35,000 ,now there are 135,000 but the unit price has gone up which proves there is a continuing demand from supporters to own a small piece of the club for sentimental reasons .

Ahh. Another shareholder talking up the price of their own shares 🤷‍♂️

Damo I have a shares in the auction, been in constant contact with the broker as i was worried about price dropping seeing as in the last auction they sold for £3,700, he has reassured me they have a number of buyers already waiting and the price is starting at £3,200, and expecting to go up to £3,700. So everything you are saying is irrelevant, they will never drop that low and haven't for a number of years. Just admit you haven't got £3k to your name and leave it at that.

A share is worth what people are prepared to pay for it. End of story. Mine was £3500 almost 30yrs ago. They plummeted afterwards and were much lower for years. Missed out on the rights issue as I was away, and Moshiri's equity increase probably didn't help either..... at no point was I one bit bothered! Why would I be...? It's not my pension fund or even any kind of real investment.

A share is worth what people are prepared to pay for it. End of story. Mine was £3500 almost 30yrs ago. They plummeted afterwards and were much lower for years. Missed out on the rights issue as I was away, and Moshiri's equity increase probably didn't help either..... at no point was I one bit bothered! Why would I be...? It's not my pension fund or even any kind of real investment.

It's relevant to potential shareholders

Existing shareholders like yourself are going to portray them in a way that benefits you.

They are massively overvalued in this auction

As I mentioned Moshiri is getting about £400 to £800 a share for his. That's the true value.

Not what the existing shareholders are claiming on here 🤷‍♂️

Not participating. These will be hugely over priced given the Friedkins are expected to dilute the shareholding considerably.

By converting loans to equity and/or shareholder loans to equity. That drives the price per share down.

I'm on hold until the right price is in play
but it may also occur that there are so few shares in private hands that they are in their own mini market, and supply is lower than demand and so the price remains high in a private sale. It isnt like a floated company where all the shares are the same price, a share holder will enter into a local agreement with the buyer and those two will decide the share price. It matters not the Freidkin now have say 200k shares, up from the 100k shares when they bought the company, if there is only one guy selling a single share, you pay his asking price.

Last edited:

Is the correct answer.

But, the forums very own Walter Mitty won't accept this and laugh at you.

but it may also occur that there are so few shares in private hands that they are in their own mini maarket, and supplier is lower than demand and the price remains high. It isnt like a floated company where all the shares are the same price, a share holder will enter into a local agreement with the buyer and those two will decide the share price. It matters not the Freidkin now have say 200k shares, up from the 100k shares when they bought the company, if there is only one guy selling a single share, you pay his asking price.

I think you'll find the shares are equally priced by definition. Unless they're a different share class.

It's just the existing shareholders on here and those going with over sentimentality are claiming they are higher value. Trying to make everyone believe that

If you read my post properly you will see I have accepted a probable drop in value if the Friedkins come in. I'm not talking up share price just stating the fact that the unit price has been maintained in recent years.

I think you'll find the shares are equally priced by definition. Unless they're a different share class.

It's just the existing shareholders on here and those going with over sentimentality are claiming they are higher value. Trying to make everyone believe that
I think you'll find they aren't. the share price in this auction was the same, that was the way the auction sale was set up but I have contacted a few shareholders via the shareholders association and I can assure you, each shareholder sets the price at which they want to sell. You have even said Mosh paid hundreds per share for his but in this auction they went for thousands, ie the price of shares is and can be different

I think you'll find they aren't. the share price in this auction was the same, that was the way the auction sale was set up but I have contacted a few shareholders via the shareholders association and I can assure you, each shareholder sets the price at which they want to sell. You have even said Mosh paid hundreds per share for his but in this auction they went for thousands, ie the price of shares is and can be different

What we're seeing in this very thread is that there is a concerted effort to talk up the value of the shares relative to their true worth

Damo I have a shares in the auction, been in constant contact with the broker as i was worried about price dropping seeing as in the last auction they sold for £3,700, he has reassured me they have a number of buyers already waiting and the price is starting at £3,200, and expecting to go up to £3,700. So everything you are saying is irrelevant, they will never drop that low and haven't for a number of years. Just admit you haven't got £3k to your name and leave it at that.

I have got it. I'm just not prepared to pay it for something not worth that, nor with potential sellers in denial about the true worth of where the price will go subsequently when Friedkins dilute the shares

What we're seeing in this very thread is that there is a concerted effort to talk up the value of the shares relative to their true worth
but I dont have any shares, I want the share price to come downs that I can buy some. I have no interest in keeping an inflated share price, quite the contrary.

What we see in this thread is someone incorrectly conflating behaviours in the publicly floated share market and the private company share market with an incorrect assumption that there is an ulterior motive behind it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back