• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get Townsend missing out. We have no width now really with the players left. Also taking both Henderson and Wilshere who are not fully fit is stupid.

Drinkwater, Townsend and Delph miss out.

To be honest it's really harsh on Drinkwater.
It is indeed. He's an excellent player who has struggled to fit into an alien set up. He's actually played alright for England since his debut though.

It is indeed. He's an excellent player who has struggled to fit into an alien set up. He's actually played alright for England since his debut though.

I'd disagree on that last bit. England haven't played well in recent games, and neither has he.

However, he was excellent all season for Leicester.

Oh well.

I'd disagree on that last bit. England haven't played well in recent games, and neither has he.

However, he was excellent all season for Leicester.

Oh well.
and he's a defensive midfielder, the only one other than Dier. If Dier gets injured then it looks like Wilshere has to play there. Not ideal really.

.....for me Sterling is the key because he's the only true offensive wide player in the squad. I think Hodgson played him in all the warm ups to try and get him into form and build up his confidence. If Sterling doesn't perform then goals will be difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back