• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always, this squad has purely been picked on names, not how good the player is or how good a season they've had.

Barkely wouldn't have made the squad if I was picking it, and I definitely would have included Jagielka. Our defence is bad enough without having to rely on a midfielder playing centre back in case of injury or suspension. Any of the faceless, talentless crap from midfield could have made way for him.

and he's a defensive midfielder, the only one other than Dier. If Dier gets injured then it looks like Wilshere has to play there. Not ideal really.
Especially since Dier is also the 4th choice CB and Cahill is already taking injections for a hip problem and Smalling has a poor injury history.

Henderson and Wilshere are half fit at best, with a fully fit Drinkwater dropped :Blink:

Could at least understand being loyal to those that have been in the team a while if they were just out of form but could have sworn that Roy said that he'd only take healthy players this time.

Not worth getting excited for. Hodgson hasn't got a clue, his brand of football is awful. I expect us to scrape through the group then get our arse handed to us against the first half decent team we play. I'm looking forward to the Euro's in general though.

Especially since Dier is also the 4th choice CB and Cahill is already taking injections for a hip problem and Smalling has a poor injury history.

Henderson and Wilshere are half fit at best, with a fully fit Drinkwater dropped :Blink:

Could at least understand being loyal to those that have been in the team a while if they were just out of form but could have sworn that Roy said that he'd only take healthy players this time.

Yeah it's a bit of a weirdly balanced squad. Maybe he's planning to have Milner as his answer to any problem that comes up whether that be centre mid, def mid, or on the wing

Not worth getting excited for. Hodgson hasn't got a clue, his brand of football is awful. I expect us to scrape through the group then get our arse handed to us against the first half decent team we play. I'm looking forward to the Euro's in general though.

Sounds like everton's cup runs this seaason

maybe he's planning to go with the diamond formation with 2 up? We've looked better doing that.

Id be abit worried leaving the fullbacks exposed with that formation, that formation usually works best with atleast one defense minded fullback (think Thuram France 98, a centre back playing full back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back