Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had plenty of momentum this evening, and were unlucky not to get at least a point.

But I'm sure as Moyes-basher-in-chief on here you'll link it to anything in order to find an excuse to unleash your pathological hatred of the man.

1 dodgy decision aside...we didnt have shot on target...1 shot in the 2nd half I remember. Unlucy, yes. But when you have no attacking threat and no shots on target when you're 1-0 down, you're not going to get anything.

The first 20minutes showed a team that was scared, scared of not losing. They've been scared since the derby IMO. Sunderland did the same on Saturday.

If Drenthe's goal stood the result would have been different.

Robbed by inept officials, 5 incorrect offside decisions?!

Not good enough.

1 dodgy decision aside...we didnt have shot on target...1 shot in the 2nd half I remember. Unlucy, yes. But when you have no attacking threat and no shots on target when you're 1-0 down, you're not going to get anything.

The first 20minutes showed a team that was scared, scared of not losing. They've been scared since the derby IMO. Sunderland did the same on Saturday.

I dont think it matters what happens in a game for you, cos no matter how we draw/lose you blame moyes regardless. I find it sad to be honest. Everyone is in agreement as regards the derby last week, but how long are you going to use that as your argument why we dont win a game, next week, the end of season, start of next season maybe?

Anybody blaming Moyes for that is being a bit tittish imo. The goal was on our players heads, could have been 2 or 3 nil before they woke up.

I'm no Moyes fanboy but he set us out with the ability to win that tonight, with a bit of luck and our players not being bels it might have happened.

100% agree. They just weren't good enough, barring a wrongly ruled out goal to get anything.

That's the second poor refereeing performance we've seen at Goodison in a week.

No excuses though, we needed to ask more questions of Arsenal and we didn't.[/QUOTE]

I disagree chico.

Plenty of the build up play was good and we got to the byline and in around the back of their full backs enough times but just managed to fluff our lines on nearly every occasion. One decent finish to one of those moves and its not much different to the spurs or city games.

That's the second poor refereeing performance we've seen at Goodison in a week.

No excuses though, we needed to ask more questions of Arsenal and we didn't.[/QUOTE]

I disagree chico.

Plenty of the build up play was good and we got to the byline and in around the back of their full backs enough times but just managed to fluff our lines on nearly every occasion. One decent finish to one of those moves and its not much different to the spurs or city games.

Fair enough mate, I thought the final ball thing was of our own doing. Being too elaborate around their box or just not having enough quality or confidence to actually have a shot on goal. Can't believe he hauled Drenthe off when we were chasing the game, he looked the only one likely to make something happen. Fellaini up front doesn't work. Neither does Cahill any more.

Sad times.

Fair enough mate, I thought the final ball thing was of our own doing. Being too elaborate around their box or just not having enough quality or confidence to actually have a shot on goal. Can't believe he hauled Drenthe off when we were chasing the game, he looked the only one likely to make something happen. Fellaini up front doesn't work. Neither does Cahill any more.

Sad times.

We only started to come into the game when he done that. Now dont get me wrong, it shouldnt come to that, and we should have more threat up top without putting him there, but in some games im not against it.

Sad times.

True, but we had many promising positions which were incorrectly judged to be offside. And we scored a perfectly good goal as well.

The lino cost us the game tonight, not tactics, substitutions or our lack of quality in the final third which we all know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back