Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same as having teeth though mate. No cutting edge.

agreed on no cutting edge, we can't break anyone down and we don't have that creative player to pick the pass .... we always seem to need a bit of luck when teams put up the wall and were just not getting it at the moment

So were expected to beat arsenal now are we???

Or moyes is ****?!?!

People have far to higher expectations for a team that's half full with average players.

1st half. Yes
2nd. No.

Too much perspiration and no inspiration really. We're like a **** version of Stoke...or Wimbledon in the 80's and not pulling it off. 2 6footers up front...Cahill and Osman behind them. And wingers who cant put in a cross.

Tactics arent rocket science, eh Davey

If we were like anything like Stoke or Wimbeldon we'd win a header in and around the box once in a while.

nobody accepts a narrow defeat to arsenal mate-we expect our team to give it a go which they did tonight-come on mate youve got to accept theyre the better team **** me youve even got ex players on sky saying thats the best theyve seen arsenal defend !! im not a pro moyes ill criticise him when in my own opinion its justified i just think tonight weve been a little hard done by and you really cant fault the team too much

We had 2 shots at goal from what I can think of. Both from Drenthe.

Other than that...nothing.

Linesman were horrid today, if it was Jelly that they called for being offside I could kind of understand it. He (and he looked tired and kind of awful today -- being a lone striker is taking its toll on him) he turned around and ran towards goal inexplictably putting himself in the play.

I think he needs a few more games to adjust his fitness to the Premier league, he did alot of running when arsenal were in possesion and had a fair bit of the ball, i feel he is a very promising player.

We were on an unbeaten run and just beat City, Chelsea and Spurs mate.

I can't see how you can look favourably on what he done against Liverpool as it's f*cked our season right up.

I got a sense in the first half that the players didn't care and I don't blame them when the manager doesn't care either. The players were switched off and I think it had something to do with the debacle a week ago. I seriously was fearing another six in the first quarter of an hour. If Arsenal were switched on for the entire 45, we could of been on the wrong end of a spanking.

So were expected to beat arsenal now are we???

Or moyes is ****?!?!

People have far to higher expectations for a team that's half full with average players.

Not expected to beat Citeh, Chelsea or Spurs but we did...

Not the point...but you expect a premier league outfit with international and highly rated players to be out played like the first 20minutes or at least pepper their goal once in a while

That first 20 minutes were probably the worst I've seen, the possession was 21% to us!!

After that we played well, some shocking decisions from the park end linesman though, there was a point in the second half where he went to give a corner but gave a goal kick because the referee said so, despite it being clear!

Majority of players where ok tonight, one criticism of baines is that he always looked to mess about instead of crossing the ball into the box.

Substitutions were correct I think, bit gutter about anichehe coming on but we didn't have anyone else...but they should have been made earlier, our team looked tired by 65 minutes.

Moment of the match had to go to heitinga almost getting in a fight - wanted to see that!!

Poor players for me were hibbert who didn't mark up - and I'm normally full of compliments for him. And also Osman he player well mostly but second half he tired and made some useless passes, I didn't think he made a good captain at all, heitinga and cahill were talking to the referee more.

All in all a fairly good performance against one of the best sides in the league

Yep, Arsenal's brilliant passing and movement in the first 20 minutes - MOYES' FAULT

Fellaini losing his man on the corner - MOYES' FAULT

Cahill/Fellaini swapped gets us back in the game - MOYES' FAULT

Lino disallows a perfectly good goal - MOYES' FAULT

Several more offside decisions incorrectly given against us - MOYES' FAULT

Great effort from the lads to break down Arsenal in the 2nd half - MOYES' FAULT

Brings Vic on and goes 4-4-2 - MOYES' FAULT

MOYES OUT FFS

We had 2 shots at goal from what I can think of. Both from Drenthe.

Other than that...nothing.

yeah i can see where your coming from fella-we lack creativity big time from midfield and that reflects in chances created/shots same as the sunderland game-we started the same tonight first twenty minutes not in the game-that needs addressing big time. still thought we prob deserved a draw on reflection but ultimately if you dont create you dont score !!

Farrrr too drunk to write a long summery so ....

Arsenal=good
Everton=Bad
Linesman=cock sucking muther

That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back