Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best I've seen us play for a while. We weren't awful, but still nowhere near good enough.

Can't agree with that at all. I don;t like what he did but we were hardly an unstoppable juggernaut before the derby. The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to look on hos derby decisions favourably.

Put simply winning the Cup is more important than beating Liverpool.

He broke up a winning side....we've lost 2 since and the FA cup game back fired big time.

Fellaini looks tired. Baines is ineffective but still being the lynch pin to everything. Cahill...I dont have a clue what he does for the team or where he plays now. Osman is too lightweight to control a midfield. Pienaar is too slow. Hibbert is terrible. Drenthe is boss but he's not allowed to play 90minutes because he'll die. Not really warming to Jellylid either.

All in all. Moylez is doing a bang up job.

We'll get lids saying Darron Gibson is the key to the whole team ffs

We were on an unbeaten run and just beat City, Chelsea and Spurs mate.

I can't see how you can look favourably on what he done against Liverpool as it's f*cked our season right up.

^^^THIS^^^^^
Our momentum was absolutely crushed like a big kids junk food habit at Fat Camp under the Hat trick at Klanfield. We lost our groove and have yet to find it since.

We worked hard, but lacked cutting edge. If by "toothless" you're referring to our lack of quality in the final third, fair enough, but if it's referring to a lack of effort then I disagree.

EDIT: Haha, your post above dave just answered me perfectly. :P

Linesman were horrid today, if it was Jelly that they called for being offside I could kind of understand it. He (and he looked tired and kind of awful today -- being a lone striker is taking its toll on him) he turned around and ran towards goal inexplictably putting himself in the play.

This match was no different than the Sunderland match except for the result. Awful for the 1st 15, play well in the back and midfield for the rest of the match, but unable to get more than a few shots on goal. We'd be a pretty damn good squad right now if only the winner of this sport wasn't the team who scored the most goals. I don't think we ever had 50/50 possession against Arsenal.

I still think we make the semis but our only hope is to wish for 0-0 draw and winning on pens. We can't break down a below avg defense, meanwhile the RS have maybe the 2nd best D in the league. Its a horrible matchup for us.

How can anyone be remotley happy with that toothless performance?

1st half. Yes
2nd. No.

Too much perspiration and no inspiration really. We're like a **** version of Stoke...or Wimbledon in the 80's and not pulling it off. 2 6footers up front...Cahill and Osman behind them. And wingers who cant put in a cross.

Tactics arent rocket science, eh Davey

A lot of our fans except that now, a narrow defeat to Arsenal, sad really.

nobody accepts a narrow defeat to arsenal mate-we expect our team to give it a go which they did tonight-come on mate youve got to accept theyre the better team **** me youve even got ex players on sky saying thats the best theyve seen arsenal defend !! im not a pro moyes ill criticise him when in my own opinion its justified i just think tonight weve been a little hard done by and you really cant fault the team too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back