Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Arsenal's brilliant passing and movement in the first 20 minutes - MOYES' FAULT

Fellaini losing his man on the corner - MOYES' FAULT

Cahill/Fellaini swapped gets us back in the game - MOYES' FAULT

Lino disallows a perfectly good goal - MOYES' FAULT

Several more offside decisions incorrectly given against us - MOYES' FAULT

Great effort from the lads to break down Arsenal in the 2nd half - MOYES' FAULT

Brings Vic on and goes 4-4-2 - MOYES' FAULT

MOYES OUT FFS

Changing a winning side in the derby. 3-0, 1-1, 0-1 - Moyes' Fault.
Hoofball - Moyes' Fault

Not Moyes' fault for the goals...but setting up the team to actually score a goal? Yes.

Yeah I can't really blame Moyes much tonight. Subs were a bit questionable, but when have they ever not been?

I would have changed the timing of the subs....

Also rather than anichebe on I probably would have brought jagielka on and pushed heitinga in midfield - some may think its defensive but he is good at attacking and getting stuck in!

Can't believe that decision. I mean it wasn't even close to being offside. So much for our second half revival...have we really done that much better than we did in the first half?

We had 2 shots at goal from what I can think of. Both from Drenthe.

Other than that...nothing.

Fellaini had a header saved by szechny.

We played well at times tonight, got ourselves into good positions but more often then not the final ball was either cut out well by an arsenal defence on top of its game, or was slightly off its target. A few times jelavic would of had a tap in if he was on his toes and ready for the pass across the goal. Apart from the first 20 minutes that was a good general performance in my view, and a bit unlucky not to take something. Goals change games and our 'legit' goal may have seen us kick on for the win. Unfortunetly a sh#te linesman has let us down on that one, but im sure many on here will blame moyes for that decision also.

Anybody blaming Moyes for that is being a bit tittish imo. The goal was on our players heads, could have been 2 or 3 nil before they woke up.

I'm no Moyes fanboy but he set us out with the ability to win that tonight, with a bit of luck and our players not being bels it might have happened.

It was, yes. But we were playing Arsenal tonight, not the RS.

Im under the impression he broke our momentum up.

Arsenal are with momentum. Havent made massive changes for about 10 games and have won 6 on the bounce.

Momentum turns a loss into a draw, a draw into a win.

Getting hammered in a derby 3-0 erases that momentum. Players get nervous that they dont want to lose. Dont over commit. Keep it simple.

That was a bit dull and toothless really. Well, toothless is probably too strong a word really (can't be arsed thinking of a better one) but we weren't exactly pulling up trees at any point tonight. Shocking first 15 minutes. We were asleep all over the place. The cricket crowd atmosphere didn't help, like. Then, to be fair, we kind of took the game to them... a bit. Deserved to be level through Drenthe (Terrible officials tonight), then who knows what would have happened. We have to show more fight from the start though.

Basically, the game never took off. That one won't live long in the memory. I think the cup is just hanging over Goodison like a black cloud at the moment, sucking the life out of our league form. It should be the opposite. Happy there were no injuries or red cards though. Will have to catch the RS on motd, like. Seriously, when does that ever happen to them?

Im under the impression he broke our momentum up.

Arsenal are with momentum. Havent made massive changes for about 10 games and have won 6 on the bounce.

Momentum turns a loss into a draw, a draw into a win.

Getting hammered in a derby 3-0 erases that momentum. Players get nervous that they dont want to lose. Dont over commit. Keep it simple.

We had plenty of momentum this evening, and were unlucky not to get at least a point.

But I'm sure as Moyes-basher-in-chief on here you'll link it to anything in order to find an excuse to unleash your pathological hatred of the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back