Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising when you consider the players we've got out and their team being full of top class players.

What was surprising was outplaying them for most of the game.

Sh*t result but it happens. This is a good Everton team, we'll do well this season.

Chin up and get into them black and white bells on Wednesday.

Need to keep our heads up for the Newcastle game now. The lads can take the positives from their performance and hopefully we can smash Newcastles woeful back line

With a fully fit squad we will be some team next year, get through January with no sales and a couple of additions and we have a lot to look forward to.

The real plus today was that we all worry about our thin squad but today we bossed the European champions with a patched up team. Team spirit gets you a lot, but we looked very attractive with it.

I feel as positive as I could be after a loss today

This is our third loss in an entire year.. and a fairly unlucky loss. Mirallas, Fellaini, Gibson, Coleman, Neville, Hibbert to come back. Naismith and Hitzelsperger to gain more fitness. Vellios and Barkley to improve over the next year. Let's start by raping Newcastle on Wednesday

Agree with everything you just said, but in more general terms:
Do we just say that Naismith is recovering until he stops being rubbish? Because if his rubbish performances are due to his serious injury last year then he shouldn't be on the field what with us having other options in that position.

so proud of our blues today - absolutely nothing went for us all day and we were missing our 3 rb's ffs up against a winger who cost £32m and i barely seen him all game. Howard had one of his better games and it's good to see he's at least improving from his woeful start. Just gutted because the lads deserved at least a point and imo all 3. Hitting the woodwork twice with the exception of the one that led to the goal, two world class saves from their keeper and incompitent officials who decided to give everything one way and nothing our way. we also got no rub of the green, pretty sure both their goals came from a ricochet or a helpful bounce and that was the case for virtually everything they created.

it was a top top performance from our lads and sadly chelsea gave us a lesson of what it is to be like at the top - taking your chances when they're presented. we are not a million miles away from the levels produced by the best in the league - if we found a javier hernandez type player who just scores with pretty much every opportunity then we would probably be up there challenging for the league.

distin was immense and will hopefully be tied up sooner rather than later. unlucky blues but heads up not down and lets rip newcastle apart in a game we are likely to create plenty of chances in. maybe they won't play ba?

Hard to take but an absolute superb performance. Missed chances again cost us. I actually thought Jelavic was really good hit the post, crossbar and apart from fluff at the end ran line well. To be only 3 pts off 4th at half way stage is great with Felli now back and hopefully Mirallas not too far away loads to look fwd too.

also vellios was very impressive when he came on as was anichebe's performance. jelavic is trying his hardest, but things just aren't going for him at the moment and this is leading to bad free kick decisions against him. he's getting there though, would probably do him the world of good to have 30 mins from the bench vs newcastle

As long as we beat Newcastle this game is just one of those things. Lose to Newcastle and this one will hurt more!

Newcastle will be tough but we need to be winning that game to stay in the mix as it is so tight at the minute. They need a win to so should go for it. They will most probably be without Ba by all accounts so that is a bonus

we deserved at least a draw but it was a decent performance

naismith offers nothing t the side
vic put in a good performance but you knew it was never gonna be a 90 min performance
we wanted to see more of barkley but he fluffed his chance ( funnily i got the impression off him that just coming onto the pitch entitled him not to be tackle)
judging on the aboves cameo im beginning to think maybe Duffy ( who i want to see ahead of JH) isnt quite ready yet either

pretty much all of that was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back