Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance today, gutted after all the energy put into the game we came away with nothing. Can't fault the players or the commitment, just lacking an inform striker and the result could (and probably) would have been different. More ruthlessnes and stop giving teams respect should be drilled into the players now. There is still the slight annoyance of taking the foot of the gas after we go a goal up, although today was superb for the first 20 minutes.

Takeaways from today

1) Jelavic was really good today on the whole, much improved after his recent malaise. He was making good, smart runs and on a different day would have had a hattrick for himself. Still goes offside far too often however.

2) Howard looked back to his best today. Can't fault him for their two goal really in my opinion. Lampard just punished us twice for being sloppy and not clearing our lines. If Tim plays like this the rest of the year we're in good shape.

3) Ossie and Hitzlsperger just does not work. Neither of them are good tackling, steely midfielders, leaving them both dangerously exposed. Honestly, I wouldn't even renew der Hammer's contract, let's get VOO or someone else in here.

4) This is going to be the most challenging and pivotal second half of the Moyes era. 3 teams battling for a single champions league place and right now, we look third favorites for the spot. Sure, Europa League wouldn't be the end of the world, but to get so close again and not make top 4 would be a blow, much like 07-08, when we looked so good for so long. To do it, we need to stop leaking goals.

5) Finally, we need a good january. Maybe not 10 million pounds of new signings, but Moyes needs to be smart and deal like the last two windows. Get Heitinga out, he's not arsed and neither am I to be honest. we need a CM and another attacking player as well as CB cover for the second half. Good moves could see us mount a real charge.

i think i might tend to agree on the hitzlesperger not being good enough. he's a good player but not a great player. missing out on diame was huge - he would have been perfect backup/1st team challenger for gibson

Only got ourselves to blame for their goals. Poor defending, not closing them down well enough outside the box. Heitinga wasn't decisive enough for either and probably needs to leave.

If Chelsea don't want him, can we please have Frank Lampard on a free? He's quality and got a couple a couple of years left at the top level - the likes of Barkley would benefit no end from being around him. Plus it would stop him scoring against us.

Played well. Good game from Vic.Pienarr was awesome, Osman had another good game.Jelavic looking better. Lots of positives. Scrappy second goal cost us but well played Blue Boys.

Oscar looks about 10 years old btw. He won't get served without id.

Pissed off. Chelsea didn't even deserve a point from that. .

This ^

Before the game I was prepared for defeat having looked at our team and line-up but the fact we were the better team from start to finish and without wanting to get 'all Kopite' hit the woodwork 3 times they were very lucky to get all 3

We'll play worse than that and win though

How the fcuck did Lampard get MOM though??! :blink:

Played well apart from a couple of lapses which cost us.

Jelavic extremely unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, Ossie was class and Pienaar more like his old self.

Not too downbeat as if we play like that against Newcastle we will get 3 points and the same goes for most matches in the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back