Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We out played them with not having our best team on the pitch. We were the better team and I am gutted we lost.

Distain was the man of the match for me. Last tackle on Torres when he had a scoring chance showed how switched on he was throughout the game.

Actually think Chelsea was always going to be difficult to beat out the top 3 teams. They could actually challenge for the title this year.

A defeat normally ruins the rest of my day, but after the performance, with the team that was out there I'm fine today.

There's lots to look forward to for 2013 if we can keep this level of performance up, and start taking our chances

This is exactly what I'm feeling. Normally I'm the moodiest git in the world after a defeat. Got to try and stay positive. At times we were great with a clearly weakened team. And we were up agaisnt the country's in-form team.

This time next year....

Not angry with the result. We were down to the bare bones today. But the only question I ask is, should we drop Jelavic? Anichebe is a real handful, up front, and Vellios looked very lively today. Feel sorry for Jelavic as his work rate is great. But he is so irritating. The amount of times hes offside is a joke. He can't head a ball either. At the moment, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd rather have Anichebe up there when Felli is back. You can't argue "Jelavic is a goalscorer", because he's clearly not at the moment.

We really need to start making our dominance in games count. We had more than enough chances for at least a draw, the defence was unsettled which showed in both of their goals. I think a Vellios and Jelavic partnership could work well in future

we deserved at least a draw but it was a decent performance

naismith offers nothing t the side
vic put in a good performance but you knew it was never gonna be a 90 min performance
we wanted to see more of barkley but he fluffed his chance ( funnily i got the impression off him that just coming onto the pitch entitled him not to be tackle)
judging on the aboves cameo im beginning to think maybe Duffy ( who i want to see ahead of JH) isnt quite ready yet either

There's a lot of positives to take into the new year from that game though. As long as we build and don't allow ourselves to fade off, then we should be ok.

This is our third loss in an entire year.. and a fairly unlucky loss. Mirallas, Fellaini, Gibson, Coleman, Neville, Hibbert to come back. Naismith and Hitzelsperger to gain more fitness. Vellios and Barkley to improve over the next year. Let's start by raping Newcastle on Wednesday

ç
I'm sure you're right but I think some people have been judging him unfairly from today's game. Ther's no way Moyes would have put him on today if it we weren't down to the bare bones on the bench. As it is, he's a creative midfielder, sent on with what? 13 minutes to go when we're losing. He's obviously got to take risks in that situation. Today it didn't come off for him and he lost the ball acouple of times. But if we take that in the context of the circumstances and the fact that experienced players like Distin and Jelavic gave the ball away aswell towards the end we (Moyes) should be giving him some leeway.

he deserves some leeway for sure but when he got on the ball he had none of the magic we all thought he had .........
body language was all wrong and i thought his wild shot he had more time on it but just swung at it

Im proud. A team without our best players in it, for the most part bossed a Chelsea side that could replace Hazard and Mata with Oscar and Moses. Well played Everton. Newcastle better watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back