Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A defeat normally ruins the rest of my day, but after the performance, with the team that was out there I'm fine today.

There's lots to look forward to for 2013 if we can keep this level of performance up, and start taking our chances

Time to move on.
Arsenal and Spurs will drop points too.
Main encouraging point is the fact that this excellent performance was done without Felli, Gibson, Mirallas, Coleman, Neville--- If we can bring this level of performance into our next games with full personnel then not many teams will be able to stop us.
Here's hoping at least- definitely more fun than sulking.

Pitty duffy was not there to support him another JH nightmare! missing in position for both
goals!

I kind of wish people would stop calling for youth all the time... the thing we need as much as anything else for this run-in is experience - it's why Donovan would have been a great signing if available, and Lescott will be if we can get him. Moyes did nothing wrong today - he subbed on the best he had available, and nobody let him down. It was just too much for us today even though our second string side matched the European Champions in every way.

I kind of wish people would stop calling for youth all the time... the thing we need as much as anything else for this run-in is experience - it's why Donovan would have been a great signing if available, and Lescott will be if we can get him. Moyes did nothing wrong today - he subbed on the best he had available, and nobody let him down. It was just too much for us today even though our second string side matched the European Champions in every way.

Agree with this completely.

I do hope vs Newcastle though:
Naismith OFF Oviedo ON
Jelavic OFF Velios ON
Heitinga OFF Segundo Castillo ON (Or Strac, or Jo, what about Gosling?)

Distin was absolutely superb today.

Barkley son, more of the bench for you..
ç
I'm sure you're right but I think some people have been judging him unfairly from today's game. Ther's no way Moyes would have put him on today if it we weren't down to the bare bones on the bench. As it is, he's a creative midfielder, sent on with what? 13 minutes to go when we're losing. He's obviously got to take risks in that situation. Today it didn't come off for him and he lost the ball acouple of times. But if we take that in the context of the circumstances and the fact that experienced players like Distin and Jelavic gave the ball away aswell towards the end we (Moyes) should be giving him some leeway.

Jelavic unlucky on a couple of occasions today but also fluffed a couple. Hmmm. He's not far away but needs to hit the back of the net again more often. That's what he's here for. Howard a couple of nice saves when the pressure was on.

Overall it's a loss that's hard to take. Could have been all so different but for a bit of luck. Had Chelsea on the ropes in the first half but didn't punish them near enough.

Brillaint performance and effort, so undeseving not to get anything but they took 2 of their chances and we only took 1 simple as that.

Everyone played their heart out which is exactly what you'd expect from players who aren't regular first teamers, if they don't have the quality they make up for it in effort.

An admirable performance and one that bodes well for the rest of the season. This one can't even be out down to real wastefulness (bar Jela's at the end), we were just pretty damn unlucky. It happens, and I think the positives of this game far outweigh the negatives.

If our B-team can boss that mob around, we'll be a force when we get some blokes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back