Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted. Thought we deserved more out of today after such a good performance from the bare bones of our squad but thats football for you. Thought all the lads played well today.

I was annoyed with Hitzelsperger not clearing the first man with an offensive freekick which ultimately led to their winner but he was clearly wrecked and should have been subbed 5-10 mins earlier.

Also young Barkley showed his naivety a couple of times and nearly gifted them a goal. Clearly demonstrating that Moyes knows better than the most of us on here and picks more experienced players in his place.

Also young Barkley showed his naivety a couple of times and nearly gifted them a goal. Clearly demonstrating that Moyes knows better than the most of us on here and picks more experienced players in his place.
Quite.

Also as demonstrated by the Leeds fiasco where the "give youth a chance brigade" were proven massively wrong - but it won't stop them moaning about it.

Disappointed that we lost, but the result seemed to just be out of our hands. We had absolutely no luck and the boys did brilliant considering it was such a weakened side against Chelsea's best team that are just unbelievable with the players they have. Unlucky but many positives to take from it.

Decent performance today especially first half.we looked a bit tired last 20 mins We just need to be a bit more clinical infront of goal even more so when playing the top teams because the chances are harder to make. We deserved a draw at least today. They where good on the attack and always looked threatening going forward but we should have got something out of this. Unlucky blue boys.

Just back now, 3 right backs out, our leading goalscorer, 1 of our most exciting players and the Irish Zidane all missing, but the boys did well today, we didnt deserve to get beat, no way.

Few things, Osman was superb 1st half, him and Pienaar utterly superb, but Osman went AWOL for most of the 2nd half.

Moist playing 3 Strikers at the end, lolzzzz.

Can never be too unhappy to lose against the best team in Europe, but I still am, at least our 1st Home defeat is to a decent side, rather than QPR or Blackburn.

Onwards and upwards Everton.

Worried about Newcastle tbh. Our lads may be tired and I wouldn't hold it against them. Mostly worried that I've got to get a f*cking train back ffs.

Pienaar was f*cking unreal today. Of course, as you have to expect, he then limped gingerly off. Got driven into town just now by his regular cab driver who had some nice things to say about him too. He's a better fella than the headlinea suggest. Really don't want to pour cold water on a proud performance but as far as fourth goes I really don't think we've had the rub of the green you need. F*cking sh*te winning as well. Set up to be a God awful day's footy, results wise.

My concern is that if we lose to newcastle we could be 6 points off the pace . After being in a position where we could of gone 3rd today to possibilty of playing catch up , pshycologicaly that could have a big effect on us .

Worried about Newcastle tbh. Our lads may be tired and I wouldn't hold it against them. Mostly worried that I've got to get a f*cking train back ffs.

Pienaar was f*cking unreal today. Of course, as you have to expect, he then limped gingerly off. Got driven into town just now by his regular cab driver who had some nice things to say about him too. He's a better fella than the headlinea suggest. Really don't want to pour cold water on a proud performance but as far as fourth goes I really don't think we've had the rub of the green you need. F*cking sh*te winning as well. Set up to be a God awful day's footy, results wise.

This is basically what it all comes down to really. Veirtually every chelsea attack was started by a tackle from our player which would land to them, and lucky ricochet's. I also can't remember too many games following everton where the ref has been on our side. every 50/50 went chelsea's way today as it usually does when we play a top club. the luck of injuries and dubious official performances never seems to go our way - especially this season. but suppose there's nothing to do but get on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back