Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
where there any major decisions that they got wrong?

There weren't any big decisions but the biased shown to them in the niggly stuff was plain to see, there was one where Luiz had his arm around one of our players necks pulling him back - Nothing. Then there were a few where we put our bodies on the way or tried to turn a player and the liner or the ref would pull us up on it.

Never had a major impact on our game but certainly broke it up a few times for nothing incidents while letting their little tugs and pushes go. Absolutely no consistency.

Just back now, 3 right backs out, our leading goalscorer, 1 of our most exciting players and the Irish Zidane all missing, but the boys did well today, we didnt deserve to get beat, no way.

Few things, Osman was superb 1st half, him and Pienaar utterly superb, but Osman went AWOL for most of the 2nd half.

Moist playing 3 Strikers at the end, lolzzzz.

Can never be too unhappy to lose against the best team in Europe, but I still am, at least our 1st Home defeat is to a decent side, rather than QPR or Blackburn.

Onwards and upwards Everton.
Had to get the Osman dig in, even while praising him :p

back from game and subsequent pub. Koff football. didn't deserve to lose, but how much time do you want to give their midfield? how many chances do you want? why does lampard love to play us? why didn't' we mark him?

I may loathe Liverpool and United but at least they're not a scummy, plastic, cockney arsehole team. 'we know what we are!' a gang of gobsh#tes

This is basically what it all comes down to really. Veirtually every chelsea attack was started by a tackle from our player which would land to them, and lucky ricochet's. I also can't remember too many games following everton where the ref has been on our side. every 50/50 went chelsea's way today as it usually does when we play a top club. the luck of injuries and dubious official performances never seems to go our way - especially this season. but suppose there's nothing to do but get on with it

I don't want to say "oh we would be fourth if it hadn't been for the refs" or anything, I just think we needed 1. Luck with injuries and 2. A bit of spawn here and there from the officials. As it happens, there won't have been any teams more unlucky with injuries and suspensions than us and not many who've had as many decisions hurt us. I'm not getting bitter here, just thinking we needed more luck. Nor am I disagreeing with you, mate

There weren't any big decisions but the biased shown to them in the niggly stuff was plain to see, there was one where Luiz had his arm around one of our players necks pulling him back - Nothing. Then there were a few where we put our bodies on the way or tried to turn a player and the liner or the ref would pull us up on it.

Never had a major impact on our game but certainly broke it up a few times for nothing incidents while letting their little tugs and pushes go. Absolutely no consistency.

Thought sideshow bob could've easily seen two yellows on another day.

Watching the game again, so many little decisions against us. A pathetic offside decision I could see was on from my seat, get home to see lo and behold they flagged Jelavuc for no reason

problem with this season is that we are playing well but are ****e at the same time either in defending or finishing games off and its a mystery as to why this is happening, I cant see us finishing higher than 5th tbh and thats only if villa boas does career suicide and they go on a bad run 2nd half of the season, I just cant beleive how many points we have dropped from not finsihing games off I think it highlights why we need investment to ever compete jelavic is looking like he isnt the striker than can get you top 4 and to get one of thise is going to cost you a good £15-20 mil gutted today we deserved much more

and gibson and mirallas FFS GET FIT AND STAY FIT!

...glorius failure. lost to them because they have strength in depth. What a huge difference Mirelas, Gibson and Jelli would've made. Our stand ins lack quality and hopefully the clamour for Barklay will now stop.

Minimum of 6 points dropped(Newcastle, Fulham, Norwich)

Others against Reading, QPR, Arsenal and today where we did enough to win

These missed points will be why we won't finish 4th

Minimum of 6 points dropped(Newcastle, Fulham, Norwich)

Others against Reading, QPR, Arsenal and today where we did enough to win

These missed points will be why we won't finish 4th

Agree mate we will get 6th at best 5th if like I said Spurs **** up jelavic needs to be benched heitinga needs to go bring lescott in as a replacement and bring someone like ofoe in alongside gibson who is really pissing me off with his constant thigh strains same as kev and his noodle hamstrings

Considering our patched up team, we were absolutely tremendous today. We hit the woodwork 3 times and forced both of their keepers into a couple of brilliant and hugely important saves each. On another day we could have had 2 or 3 at half time and I can't help but think Fellaini and Gibson would have run rings around that gobshyte Luiz in center mid and Coleman and Mirallas would have torn Cashley a new one, he was struggling enough with Naismith and Jagielka FFS.

Hugely frustrating result, but we have had a brilliant 2012 and are still in a very strong position for European football qualification.

Onwards and upwards blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back