Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only followed the game on here/bbc, but from what I can gather, we went toe to toe with the Champions of Europe. Dominated for 20-30 mins. Hit woodwork twice, had 3 key players out, missed a few ace chances, and their keeper might have been MOTM if he played the whole game.

Seems to me that Chelsea were lucky to get the points today. It happens. Good performance from the boys, and you cant really ask for much more IMO.

Thrice

All in All,every Everton fan can be proud of that performance today with so many out and its typical of everton that we show up more when we are at our worst injury wise etc,so unlucky and so undeserved to lose,not as good attacking 2nd half as 1st half,but took a couple of wonder saves from cech early on that would have give us a few goals lead before chelsea slowly began to get more into the game later on that 1st half,and you just knew that Lampard would score against us as he never seems to fail doing that.

The first half hour was probably the best I've seen us play this season. We were unlucky not to score more and they were fortunate with the goals that they did score- I imagine that Heitinga could have done better in both instances. Not bad at all when you consider that we were without Fellaini, Mirallas, Gibson, Coleman, Neville and Hibbert. I was impressed with Vellios when he came on. Barkley seemed to do something bad for everything that he did right.

Only followed the game on here/bbc, but from what I can gather, we went toe to toe with the Champions of Europe. Dominated for 20-30 mins. Hit woodwork twice, had 3 key players out, missed a few ace chances, and their keeper might have been MOTM if he played the whole game.

Seems to me that Chelsea were lucky to get the points today. It happens. Good performance from the boys, and you cant really ask for much more IMO.

You can't really count the first one as bad luck because we scored from the rebound. But yes it was 3 times. How many times have we hit the woodwork this season?

all these games have shown the importance of having a top class finisher at the club, if we had a suarez or demba ba we would be atleast 6-7 points better off Kenwright needs to sort himself out and give moyes the cash to bring in another forward,

Heitinga out
Anichebe out
gueye out

Lescott in on loan
Diame/Ofoe in
a striker than can score IN!!!

How good is this Ofoe mate ?? not seen much of him myself.

I've highlighted the section of this post which is retarded

You have to be ruthless though, mate. I like Vic a lot, he's a really useful player, but if we can sell him and use those funds to bring in a really top class guy then it's a no brainer.

You can't really count the first one as bad luck because we scored from the rebound. But yes it was 3 times. How many times have we hit the woodwork this season?

More than anyone else. We're Liverpool from last year in terms of not getting the points we deserve. Only we've spent far less and whine far less.

How good is this Ofoe mate ?? not seen much of him myself.

not sure mate tbh just remember moyes going in for him in the summer really could do with someone in the center as gibson cant be relied upon with his sweet and sour chicken thigh and hamstrings

not sure mate tbh just remember moyes going in for him in the summer really could do with someone in the center as gibson cant be relied upon with his sweet and sour chicken thigh and hamstrings

Thought so..... why say we should sign a player you've never even seen ???? not having a pop mate but ffs,,, we just narrowly lost to the Europpean champions with a patched up team and you're on about having to sign players you've never even seen...... ffs.

*goes away to kick the dog around the kitchen.

Thought so..... why say we should sign a player you've never even seen ???? not having a pop mate but ffs,,, we just narrowly lost to the Europpean champions with a patched up team and you're on about having to sign players you've never even seen...... ffs.

*calls RSPCA

Im not saying we should sign him merely using him as an example

Newcastle wanted debuchy in the summer missed out on him- signed him up for jan

we wanted Ofoe in the summer missed out on him- ????

Just had some sweet and sour chikkin'. AnywayZ, we are EVERTON FUTBAWL KLUBB so we are kinda boss. I just hope the injury ladZ come back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back