Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great performances from the likes of Victor, Distin, Pienaar. Baines is just Baines. Osman showed flashes of class too but he did fade. No doubt we deserved more, probably all 3 points. Onwards and upwards though blues. Fellaini back Wednesday, Mirallas, Coleman and Gibson back within the net few games. Let's [Poor language removed] some Geordies on Wednesday, COYB.

Nope. I mean like exactly what I said.

Ah right. That the first teamers and young reserves shouldn't be played because they get knocked out of the cup by lower league sides.

Fair enough. Don't know who else is gonna play though, maybe we could get the womans team in for a game.

The thing about Ofoe is we know Moyes wanted him and we've learned to view that as a sign of top quality but it must be noted that he was our third choice after Essien and N'Zonzi.

Our fourth choice turned out to be Hitzlsperger.

Ah right. That the first teamers and young reserves shouldn't be played because they get knocked out of the cup by lower league sides.

Fair enough. Don't know who else is gonna play though, maybe we could get the womans team in for a game.
Nope. I meant exactly what I said. Don't try and put words in my mouth.

People like you calling for the "youth" to be given a chance are dead wrong - as demonstrated by the Leeds fiasco.

Moyes brings them on bit by bit and gets it right in general. When he did what you wanted we failed massively.

You were wrong then and you are wrong now.

Nope. I meant exactly what I said. Don't try and put words in my mouth.

People like you calling for the "youth" to be given a chance are dead wrong - as demonstrated by the Leeds fiasco.

Moyes brings them on bit by bit and gets it right in general. When he did what you wanted we failed massively.

How many players 21 or under did we start with against Leeds again, mate? 1 (One).

Maybe we'd have done better if he had gone with the kids (ie Duffy, Kennedy, Vellios, Garbutt, McAleny and Barkley none of whom got on the pitch).

Or maybe the youth or age of that side wasn't the reason we lost given we always lose cup matches when playing away from home.

How many players 21 or under did we start with against Leeds again, mate? 1 (One).

Maybe we'd have done better if he had gone with the kids (ie Duffy, Kennedy, Vellios, Garbutt, McAleny and Barkley none of whom got on the pitch)

wciwdz.jpg.gif

Maybe we'd have done better if he had gone with the kids (ie Duffy, Kennedy, Vellios, Garbutt, McAleny and Barkley none of whom got on the pitch).

Or maybe the youth or age of that side wasn't the reason we lost given we always lose cup matches when playing away from home.

Nah mate Coach said we shouldn't ever play players who lost to Leeds so he thinks

• J. Mucha
  • S. Coleman
  • J. Heitinga
  • S. Distin
  • B. Oviedo
  • S. Naismith
  • M. Fellaini
  • F. Junior
  • M. Gueye
  • K. Mirallas
  • V. Anichebe

• T. Howard
  • P. Jagielka
  • N. Jelavic
  • P. Neville
  • S. Pienaar
shouldn't play ever again for Everton because they lost to Leeds cause they aren't ready.

Junior 20
Oviedo 22
Gueye 22
Anichebe 24
Coleman 24

Nah mate Coach said we shouldn't ever play players who lost to Leeds so he thinks

... shouldn't play ever again for Everton because they lost to Leeds cause they aren't ready.
Utter rubbish. Never said anything of the kind.

Again - trying to put words in my mouth.

It's hard to come to terms with losing at home especially when you've gone so long without doing so and the Shyte win away on the same day it happens. But that was some effort from a side which included several 2nd choice players against a team overflowing with such talents as Mata and Hazard et al.

Really impressed with Victor and Naismith early in the game. Osman was superb and Pienaar is almost back to the player he was in the 2nd half of last season. We really could've done with Fellaini out there though and it showed. Hitz is alright but we really missed Gibson as well. The defence still looks shaky though especially without Jags in the centre, and it cost us 2 goals which could easily have been avoided.

Thought Vellios looked good when he came on as did Oviedo, but Barkley looked a bit out of his depth - unsurprising really. Jelavic should have slotted that chance at the end and it cost us a point.

6 points out of 9 so far this Christmas is still a good return, and hopefully the lads won't be too tired to get at least another 1 at the Toon on Wednesday. 3 points there to make it 9 from 12 would mean that we'd have had a great Christmas and today's result mattered little. COYB

22 and 24 isnt that young tbf mate

When you talk about young players your thinking 17-20
Well, no not really. 22 is still a baby.

The 24 year olds are just 2 examples of youth who have been given a lot of chances and thereby totally blow up the idea that youth is never given a chance. There are loads of others who have had a chance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back