Everton 2-1 Chelsea. Wednesday 10th February @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game. Watched the delay on Setanta we certainly looked spirited tonight. I saw good things from Bily. Baines played outstanding. Donovan precision passing looked awesome. Distins long ball to Saha stunning. I am totally made up after last weekend.(y)

Brum got stung only 2 points behind and not asleep at the wheel.

Just finished watching the match and frankly, I'm gobsmacked at the response after the debacle this past weekend.

David Moyes should pull the highlights of this match before every future match to show the players and tell them that "IT CAN BE DONE."

Saha put in a masterclass performance and finshed both goals very well. Won't hold the pk against him since we won but he's lucky we won. Next time, Arteta or Donovan (takes for LA and USA) should take it.

Arteta had an excellent match in the center of the park as did Osman. Both really never let Chelsea get into a rhythm in the center and Ossie was a constant threat to Lampard. So much so that it was one of the most subdued performances I've seen Lampard have in quite a long time.

Distin & Heitinga were rocks in the back. I felt very comfortable with BOTH of them as the game wore on. Baines a constant threat down the left hand side and got forward quite a bit. Neville. Brother, that's two weeks in a row that mistakes have lead to goals and these are mistakes that need to be cut out. Got better in the 2nd half though but enough of the elementary mishaps. They're costing us.

Best match by Billy since he's been with us. I think he just needed a rest. Donovan I'll leave to others to judge as I don't want to be seen as a homer.

Cahill was non stop and Moyes got the tactics right and the subs right.

My Man of the Match: It's gotta be both Heitinga & Distin. Neutralized Anelka/Drogba, and co the entire match.

Oh, and the 5 minutes of extra time was bullshit.

great result for us. but i would rather we did this to Red [Poor language removed] than Chelsea.
Anyway, i missed the match. Forgot to set my alarm clock as the match was at 4am in S'pore. Anyone has links for the delayed telecasdt match? Pls pm me. Thanks!

Woah, couldn't get on here for 15 minutes, really is a remarkable win! First in nearly 10 years against Chelski and first against a top4 team in 3 years. Congratulations to all Blues out there and as the commentator said - "IT'S A GRAND OLD NIGHT FOR THIS GRAND OLD TEAM!" (y)

COYB! Next up on the hitlist : Sporting ! b)

ANd I will be there for my first match at Goodison! whoo!

That's twice this season I've missed the second half of a match having to go to work and we've gone on to win. One more time and I might have to exile myself from games for the good of the team :blink:

Cracking post earlier Ghost mate. *bows deeply* Genuine LOL moment. (y)

Well **** me. I've not celebrated a goal like that by Louis for years. First 30 minutes we were [Poor language removed], and I mean woeful.

The rest we were all man. Quality, guts, some great performances from some players who wanted to be counted.

Howard - Commanding, not sure about the goal as I couldn't really see.

Baines - This guy has to go to the World Cup, he's quality.
Distin - Gets some stick this lad, but he's there and he's putting his neck on the line, and I like him. Great assist for the winner.
Heitinga - Sex god like machine man. Loved his no guts no glory face whilst celebrating the equaliser not 2 metres from my seat.
Neville - Did as well as he could against the diver Malouda, supported Donavan well too.

Billy - First of all, he's not a winger, never has been and never will be. Second of all it was one of his better games for me, and never stopped trying. Next season we will see him come into his won.
Osman - Lousy start to the game, but ended up being one of his best games, and I was shocked I really was. Osman at CM, definitely his position.
Arteta - Money in the bank.
Donavan - Can we not sign this guy in March, I would sacrifice quite a lot to get this lad.
Cahill - Muscular, macho, harried, pissed off the Chelsea defence, that's Tim Cahill.

Saha - Like eating creme patissiere on the Champs Elysee's, off the thighs of a 6ft blonde Parisian - Smooth, elegant, and turns me right on.

Cheers lads for giving me back the faith, and to everyone else who was there cheering along.

COYB!!!

By the way, where the hell did 5 minutes come from?

Brillant fecking post, man. Hall of Fame caliber. Grinning reading this.

Two pictures I've loved seeing today.

First

Passion and pure joy. Frenchman, Russian, American, Australian, two home grown talents. All 100% Evertonians.
Second

Always behind it all. Never underestimate his influence. Donovan getting more balls into the box, Saha challenged to perform, Bilyatedinov coming back stronger after a rest.
The Moyesiah tells us so.

Come on you mighty mighty Blues!
Bring on Sporting!

Thankyou

Thankyou for being My Everton....

Thankyou for the moment of pure ecstasy last night

Thankyou for re-kindling those mid-week Goodison glory memories

Thankyou Louis Saha....mon petit choux bun

Thankyou Leon - The new Zidane

Thankyou Heitinga - my Achilles

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Just got back from Liverpool, after driving back early this morning...I couldn't have a drink last night, but I feel drunk-Euphoric. Just sitting at my desk now waiting for the Chelsea boys to arrive so I can rip-em

I feel a song coming on

"You are my Everton - My only Everton
You make me happy - when skies are grey
You'll never know just how much I love you
So please don't take my Everton away"

Whats our name - Everton...Whats our name - Everton

Last edited:
Thankyou for being My Everton....

Thankyou for the moment of pure ecstasy last night

Thankyou for re-kindling those mid-week Goodison glory memories

Thankyou Louis Saha....mon petit choux bun

Thankyou Leon - The new Zidane

Thankyou Heitinga - my Achilles

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Just got back from Liverpool, after driving back early this morning...I couldn't have a drink last night, but I feel drunk-Euphoric. Just sitting at my desk now waiting for the Chelsea boys to arrive so I can rip-em

I feel a song coming on

"You are my Everton - My only Everton
You make me happy - when skies are grey
You'll never know just how much I love you
So please don't take my Everton away"

Whats our name - Everton...Whats our name - Everton

Amen brother. A-fookin-men!

I think feet need to stay on the ground a touch. We haven't won anything yet.

First 30 minutes we were poor and stood off them and let them play, they could have quite possible killed us off there and then. So were lucky in a way, Chelsea overpassed and over-egged the pudding.

At the point I felt Moyes had got the selection wrong by not selecting a battler in the middle.

It was only when Neville found Donovan who went on a run, won a corner, and swung it right onto Saha's head, that the blue touch paper was lit.

I understand that anyone playing Chelsea is wary at first, but if anything this result just proves that if we show some balls, we can beat anyone on our day - and it's just frustrating that we were missing against the Kopites on Saturday.

It was a great performance, but we could so easily have lost, so I am grateful that we didn't obviously, and more of the same positivity against Lisbon and we should have no problems beating them.

I think feet need to stay on the ground a touch. We haven't won anything yet.

First 30 minutes we were poor and stood off them and let them play, they could have quite possible killed us off there and then. So were lucky in a way, Chelsea overpassed and over-egged the pudding.

At the point I felt Moyes had got the selection wrong by not selecting a battler in the middle.

It was only when Neville found Donovan who went on a run, won a corner, and swung it right onto Saha's head, that the blue touch paper was lit.

I understand that anyone playing Chelsea is wary at first, but if anything this result just proves that if we show some balls, we can beat anyone on our day - and it's just frustrating that we were missing against the Kopites on Saturday.

It was a great performance, but we could so easily have lost, so I am grateful that we didn't obviously, and more of the same positivity against Lisbon and we should have no problems beating them.

Totally agree Ghost....it's all about self belief and having a bit of fire in your belly....and when they showed it last night ..GP responded

The noise and atmosphere was awesome....reminded me of Bayern Munich, and the Fiorentina game.

And between us and the team we owned them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back