Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters
Anyone having problems with their tickets in their app or adding in google/apple wallet?

Ive just been on hold and they put a message up saying they should have it resolved this afternoon... dont hold much hope like
Mine Have finally appeared just now on the EFC app and I've been able to transfer them to google wallet.
Come back paper tickets all is forgiven.

Tonight at 7.46 pm

_5079911.webp

He believes that "putting a team out that can win" is saying im putting a weakened team out, when the reality is he is probably putting a stronger team out than the first 2 games but his tried and failed favourites wont be playing.

….i never understand ‘playing his favourites’ tag. If his favourites are the ones who always start, then it’s Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Doucoure, Gueye, DCL, McNeil and Harrison. I suppose Young starts mostly over Coleman but Dyche can point to one of the best defensive units in the league last season.

Keane can’t be a ‘favourite’ if he’s hardly been selected for 12 months, even Godfrey was picked ahead of him. I’m sure he selects players he thinks can best get a result, probably important they earn his trust before they earn a place. We’d all make different choices.

"Amazing to see people still willing to select Keane"

selects Holgate
If you've been watching Everton for the last five years and you think Keane is better than Holgate, then I don't think there's any way I can help you.

Holgate is bad. Absolutely. But is he worse than Keane? No - no he is not. Let's face it, they are the 4th and 5th choice senior CBs - at least they should be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back